13 - Uncle Kenny's Famous Fries.

~Emma~

"Well, I'm going to bed," Bob says grabbing Vanessa. "You're coming too" She nods her head yawning. I look at the screen and the credits are showing.
"Yeah, I'll be going too." Hearing the voices downstairs become louder set me off, knowing that it was about me, "Night guys."
"Night." They reply.
When I get back to my room I lay down on my bed and somebody knocks on my door.
"Who is it?" I ask
"Chris."
"Okay come in." He walks in and lays down next to me.
"You okay?" He asks.
"Yeah." I sigh.
"What's wrong?"
"I'm so sick of it Chris... I'm over feeling like I'm being constantly punished for what happened with Zack, I know he wishes it was me that died, I can see it in his eyes, that's why he's doing this to me. First, he ships me off to another state, now he wants me to take over a crappy business that is failing so he can retire happily with his investments before it all goes to shit. Like why can't he just sell-off, I know he's considered it." I started crying "God I've been so emotional lately I have cried way too much." I say laughing.
"Em, you are allowed to be emotional. You're not a robot like you think you are. I have no clue why Mum and Dad are like this but I hate it too and so do the others. Why else do you think I jumped at the opportunity for the army next year?"
"Yeah, I guess. Thanks, Chris." I hug Chris, breaking apart when we hear a knock on the door.
"Hello?"
"It's Vanessa." Her little voice carries out through the door.
"Hey, babe come on in." She comes in and starts to cry.
"Hey. Hey, Van what's wrong?" I say confused.
"Mummy and Daddy hate you don't they?" I sigh and curse the two bickering idiots downstairs.
"No, why do you think that?" I look at Chris and he just shrugs.
"They were shouting, saying things about you and it didn't sound nice."
"Of bloody course they were." I spit.
"Oh, just ignore them, Van." Chris inputs.
"Okay, can I sleep here?" She asks laying down in between me and Chris.
"Sure baby." She closed her eyes and falls asleep instantly.
"God, if they keep going like this she will find out soon, she's too young to know that," Chris says laying back down.
I look outside and see its pitch black. Its 10.00 pm on my clock.
"Hey, do you wanna stay the night?" I ask him
"Sure I'm comfy now, why not." I lay down and close my eyes
"Night Chris and thanks for being there for me."
"Night and it's okay, it's what big bros are for." I dream about Lily and the others wondering what they are doing.

"So tell me about this boyfriend of yours," Chris asks, as we eat breakfast the next day.
"His name is Charlie an...."
"Emma and Charlie sitting in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G." Vanessa sings, interrupting me.
"Ha yeah, he's really sweet and funny we have a good time together and he says he loves me."
"Awe, so cute." He says sarcastically.
"What? I think it is." Just as I say that Mum and Dad walk into the room giving me there talking looks.
"Let's go, Vanessa, come on Peppa Pigs on," Chris says picking her bowl up.
"Okay," She says happily and skips out the room, I look at Chris and he smiles and leaves.
"So you didn't break up with him then," Dad says. I roll my eyes annoyed already.
"No and I'm not going to Dad, I already told you this."
"Then why did you come back?"
"So I could see you guys. You're my family remember?" I say
"Emma, I agree with your father," Mum says crossing her arms.
"Oh, that's something new." I spit at her.
"Don't speak to your Mother like that Emma!"
"Well you don't act like my parents so why shouldn't I?"
"Whatever Emma," Mum says
"Oh so mature Mum."
"Emmaline!"
"Don't call me that Dad!" I shout, about to blow my shit at him.
"Work for me, Emma. You don't want to ruin the family reputation do you?"
"Surely, I'd be ruining the family reputation if I was working. Isn't that how it works?"
"What the hell are you talking about Emma?" My Dad says acting so innocently.
"Oh don't go all nice on me now Father, please lay it all out on the table. Tell me what a worthless, annoying, waste of space child I am. Come on, give it to me!" My Father looks like he is about to explode.
"What do you want me to say, Emma. How you ruined my life? How I wish it was your brother here instead of you. How I was so glad when you went to that stupid school. How I so desperately suffer every day because one of my sons died!"
"You are so freaking unbelievable!" I shout at both of them, "You think you are the only ones who suffer every day from him being dead? I haven't done shit for you to hate me. I must admit I was a shit child, but what do you expect, my twin died. I wasn't going to be a perfect child. I'm so sorry that you lost your son. But please, stop with this hatred. I want to be a normal family for once!" I could feel the tears building up in my eyes. But I wasn't going to cry in front of these monsters.
"Get out of my sight, I can't look at you anymore. You're no daughter of mine." I looked at my mother in disbelief. Of both the of them, I thought she'd be the more understanding.
Apparently not.
Hearing that from her was worse than a slap to the face. I looked at her again and walked up the stairs to my bedroom. I packed my suitcase and walked out to the bus.
"I'm coming with you Em." I look over at Chris.
"You sure?"
"Yes. I can't believe what just happened. They aren't my parents." I nod my head and Chris throws his bag in the back of his car, starting the engine.
"Where are we going?"
"Adelaide."
"Sounds good." He nods and drives off towards the airport.