2 - Hot Boys and Chicken Runs.

Connor picture there for you all.

~Ines~

That was extremely awkward. 

When I walked into my brother's room I didn't expect to see half his roommates' underwear spread on the floor. I bet he would have loved that. Jack at times can be extremely awkward around chicks. He hasn't developed his sense of wit yet. Which is a shame because you can have lots of fun with witty people;  I'm sure me mentioning the fact that I owned half the garments on the floor wasn't helping Lily.

I hadn't seen Matt again since our meeting on the stairs and I was hoping I could get the dirt on him before our next encounter. I was standing with Em in the food hall when he walked past without seeing me.
"Em?" I asked. She looked up from putting pasta onto her plate. "Who's that?" We both watched Matt as he pulled a can of coke from the fridge and joined the Greek boy nick at a table.
"Oh that's Matt. Trust me you do not want to go there. He's a total skeez." She nodded sincerely at me, her big green eyes blinking as she sprinkled cheese on her pasta. "He once had three girlfriends at the same time! It was horrible when they all found out, poor girls." 

I put some pasta on my own plate and sprinkled it with cheese then looked around for my brother to sit with. There was a big group of them. Jack in the middle with Lily laughing on one side and an empty seat, which must be for me on the other. Em was there and so was Matt and Nick and some other boys who were pretty hot and I hadn't met yet.
"Nez!" Jack called, "take a seat." He pulls out the seat for me and I sit down, placing my tray in front of me. I scan the people around me. The only people I didn't recognize were the two boys in front of me.
"Ines," Lily said. "This is Dale. Dale, Ines." I smile at him, he's kinda cute, he was dark brown hair and brown skin. "And this is Connor." I looked up and all I found myself swimming in his blue eyes. As corny as that sounds I was. They were mesmerising. He had wild sandy blonde hair and tanned skin. There was something, I don't know extremely attractive about him. He was looking at me, smiling sort of. But he was really looking like he could see into my soul. 

"Hey," he said casually. He looks familiar.
"So, Ines is it?" Dale asked me. "Where are you from?"
"Jack and I are a place near Adelaide. We're here on a scholarship."
"So you're a scholarship girl are you?" Matt joined our conversation. He had a sexy teasing tone to his voice. I had to keep reminding myself he's a total skeez.
"Yes. And you're Matt right?" I didn't wait for a reply. "I've heard lots about you."
"Good things I hope." He smiled at me.
"Well, it depends on who you ask."
"Why don't you tell me what you heard, and I'll correct you if you're wrong." Suddenly everyone was talking. Everyone had something to say about Matt, it was so hard to keep up with that I gave up and attacked my spaghetti.
Connor was looking at me again. But he was really looking. It was a little intimidating having someone stare at you while you're eating pasta. I almost felt like asking if he wanted something or if this was something he normally did, but the bell went and we all got up and he's gone.

Well, that was weird. Where do I know him from? 

~Jack~

Okay, the whole undies fiasco aside, Lily is a seriously good roommate, so far. She has a great sense of humour, and she swears that has never happened before. The food here is amazing, I'm eating some spaghetti with the other kids in the cafeteria. This school is awesome and most of the other kids are, with a few exceptions. That kid Matt was kind of creepy, the way he was so blatantly flirting with Nezzie. That's what I call Ines, but she hates it. It's hilarious. I'm just finishing my pasta when Lily comes back from putting her plate away and comes up to me.

"Hey, Jack, do you want to come with me and put your stuff away? I guess it's not all there since yesterday..." She said, blushing to the roots of her hair as she said the last bit. I almost forgot that I had barely even seen my new room after Nez dragged me to her room to give Lily a bit of time to clean up, all of us spent the night in their room.
"Ah, yeah. Sure." I said, wishing it wasn't so awkward. She led the way and when we reached her door, she poked her head around before she let me in, satisfied that her room hadn't gone to hell. I looked inside, and it was a pretty cool room. There were king single beds on either side, matching drawers, desks and wardrobes. on her side, Lily had a monster of a computer.
"Hey, nice computer! How did you get that? It must have cost heaps!" And it does. I wanted that one a while back.
"Yeah, I saved up 10 bucks a month for years along with some of the money in my trust fund to get that, everyone here gets pocket money if they don't get money from their parents, and I don't."
"Do you come from a poor background or something...?"
"No, I just... can we change the subject please?"
"Sure," I said, wondering why she looked so sad all of a sudden and wishing I hadn't asked. I scanned the room and saw a pile of cd boxes next to the computer. "Oh my god, you play Skyrim?" I asked incredulously. I have never met a girl who plays that in my life.
"Yeah! Best game in the world" And I was happy to see the sad look on her face replaced by a cute grin. She is really pretty, with straight, thick, a-little-darker-than-honey coloured hair, and weird but beautiful kind of leonine golden-brown eyes and long legs.

"By the way, I'm supposed to be your... kind of personal trainer." She said.
"Oh, umm... okay, what exactly does that entail?"
"Well, I need to see how good you are at the basic skills of being an assassin. What do you want to do first, martial arts, shooting accuracy or the less physical stuff?"
"Umm, martial arts, I guess."
"Righty-oh, come on, I'll show you to the practice room." She led me through the twisting halls,  I don't think I'll ever know my way around this place. We arrive at a big room with a padded floor and a couple of shelves of sparring mitts, focus pads and slightly dangerous-looking practice weapons.
"Okay, show me what you got. Come at me, bro." She taunted, laughing.
"Really? Without sparring mitts?"
"Scared?"
"Oh, yeah," I said sarcastically, I run at her suddenly, trying to catch her off guard with a gentle punch but she must have super fast reflexes because she ducked under it, grabbed my arm, twisted it not so much as to injure me but enough that I definitely felt it, and brought me down to the ground with some complicated move. I got up. All reservations aside, I ran at her and she sidestepped and then tripped me up.
I got up and stayed this time, and waited until she came to me. She threw in a couple of lightning-fast punches and when I tried to catch her arm, she slipped her wrist out and danced out of my reach.
"Now are you convinced you don't need to go easy?"
"More than convinced, thanks," I said panting, she was way stronger than she looked, and here I was, getting my ass whupped by a girl. This time I was more careful. We circled, me looking for an opening and her just casually (and smugly) walking, matching my footsteps. I walked slowly towards her and she just smiled up at me. I tried catching her off guard by suddenly trying to lunge in and throw a punch but she caught my arm again. I pulled my arm away, attempting to slip it out the way she had but she had some kind of iron man grip on my wrist. She hooked her foot and pushed me down so I would have fallen down but somehow I pulled her down with me and she ended up lying on top of me, nose to nose with a very surprised look. She laughed awkwardly and jumped up.
"Soooo, I think you need a little practice with this particular area." She laughed, the blush already fading from her cheeks. We laughed it off together and headed off to the shooting range.