19- Girl Time & Movie Dates.

~Ines~

I woke up to an empty bed. Again. I really didn't want to get up. Urgh. I shouldn't have said that about his sister. That was the cheapest, lowest shot. But still, why the fuck was he starting that? I thought he was easy going! Urgh. I roll over, Em has already left, Charlie left her poor babe, and he used all the cliches known, I hate it when people do that, it's supposed to help the dumpee but really it just makes the dumper feel better.
I don't have a boyfriend anymore. I wanted to cry, the reality was finally sinking in. I checked my phone, I had to get up I was going to be late.

Breakfast was awkward. I knew it was going to be, he was sitting with Dale, talking about something. He looked me in the eyes as I walked past him to my brother. If Jack hadn't started talking to me, I probably would have stared at Connor all morning.
"Nez. Sit. I got your toast." Snap out of it Ines. It's over. He's not your boyfriend anymore.
"Thank you!" I made my voice sound light like nothing was the matter. Really I wanted to cry. I wanted to burst out crying in the middle of the cafeteria. Keep it together Ines. Come on bitch.
"So what do you have first?" I gave Jack a grateful smile, he knew what to do.
"Uh, maths. Ew." Connor and I are in the same maths class. "I hate maths." He would sit behind me and pass notes to me. "And then," And he would whistle and piss off Mr Teagen. "I think I have a free." And he would always slouch in his seat.
"Well, that's good," Jack said it extra loud, maybe he knew I was slipping into my thoughts again, maybe he just wanted to be loud.
"Yeah," I looked at my food while the others chattered on around me. I couldn't hear anything they were saying, it was like white noise. I stared at my toast for a while. Eat. Eat. Pick up the damn food. Come on. Hands, move.
"Nez are you ok?" I look up, Jack is leaning over me. Connor is looking at me from his table, concern imbedded in his blue eyes.
"Fine, fine." I give a shaky fake grin. "I um, left my books in my room, I need to go get them." I'm about to cry I can feel it. I stand up, my chair scrapes against the floor. It sounds so loud. Too loud. Fuck, go, leave, now.

I make it the corridor, but then I literally run into Matt and nearly fall over.
"Ines, are you ok?" And that's when I start to cry. He pulls me into his arms and strokes my hair, I don't care that it feels weird, I can't stop crying.
I finally stop and start apologizing and wiping my eyes, I see Connor standing in the stairwell looking at us. I quickly look away. Urgh god.
"Are you sure you're ok? Stop saying sorry for god's sake. It was fucking dog what he did."
"It wasn't him it was me," I say, slightly hysterical, good grief.
"Look what do you have next?"
"Maths," I say, with Connor. Connor. Ines! Stop!
"Ok, come and sit with me, we'll do it together ok?"
"Thank you, Matt, you're lovely." I gave him a hug, something moved in the corner of my eye, Connor had left.
"Alright, I'll meet you there okay?"

I walked into maths class, makeup doing its best to hide my red puffy eyes. Lots of people knew what happened, they all smiled at me. They're nice. Matt had saved me a seat up the back, there was a tall kid in front of me so I didn't have to look at the back of Connors's head. Where his hairs all messed and sexy. Fuck Ines. I had no idea what was going on. We worked from our books, and Matt leant over to tell me something.
"Do you have any idea what's going on?"
"None what so ever." I laughed. Connor was looking at us. Stop fucking doing that cow, I'm trying to get over you, you're not making this very easy for me. He started whistling. The same song, always the same song.
"Mr Taylor." Mr Teagan shouted.
"Sorry sir, nasty habit." He said, his voice low and sexy. Fuck. Mr Teagen glares at him.
I look down at my work. This was going to be a very long day.
I decide it's only fair that when he walks into the common room, I should leave. They're his friends too, but I don't think they like him very much. Anyway, I have a buttload of homework to finish.
"Right, I'm off." I jump up from the couch, they'll all probably have to have some team meeting or something.
"No Nez stay!" Everyone coos at me. He's walking closer to our little huddle.
"No, I have a buttload of homework to do, sorry." I turn around to leave and walk right into Connor. He's wearing a black v-necked shirt. He looks so hot in those shirts.
"Not staying?" He asked, grabbing my arm so I don't fall over. Come on, speak. Say something, soon.
"No, I have maths." I slip quickly out of his grip and break for the door. Ah, sweet freedom.