18- Surprises Don't Always Go Down Well.

~Ines~

We hit a pothole and I jerk awake. Argh. What time is it? Connors sleeping peacefully next to me, I'm snuggled up in his arms, his big coat over me because I got cold. I check the time on my phone and am temporarily blinded, argh bloody hell. It's four in the morning. Joy. Where are we? I can't see anything out of the window. We must be pretty close, Its nine hours in the car and ten on the bus. Stupid bus.
I don't like busses, I've had hundreds of debates with different people about the topic, and I've decided I really do hate busses. I've been on a train twice, and I've never been on a tram but I still hate busses. They are so slow, and they have to go with the traffic and they're always bumping around.
I sneeze. I'm the loudest sneezer, I only wake Connor though.
"I'm up. I'm up." He mumbles looking around. He's so hot when he's sleepy and bewildered.
"I'm so sorry. I'm a really, really loud sneezer."
"Oh Nah, it's okay." He mumbles, wiping his eyes, and giving me a quick kiss. "What's the time?"
"Four."
"Oh, well we're waking up soon anyway."
"Yeah,"
"Do you know where we are?" But he had already fallen asleep before I could answer. Oh, he's so cute. I snuggle up, feeling him breathing next to me. I hear Jack sneeze as well, he has this very distinctive sneeze. If I was blindfolded and had to find my way to my brother in a room of people, I would just get him to sneeze, then I'd be fine.

Lily obviously didn't wake up. They're so cute together. They make such a sweet couple, I'm glad he has a nice girlfriend, he's had some pretty shocking ones. Stacy sent him in a coma of heartbreak, and Georgie was such an asshole, I knew by looking at her it wasn't going to end well for Jack.
But Lily's good. She's funny and sweet, and she knows where she stands, she won't take shit from anyone. I slip in my iPod and let Foster the People sing me to sleep. I wake and Connor's shaking me.
"Nez. Wake up. Nez. Nez."
"Yes, yes, hi," I muttered, opening my eyes, he's looking over me, yellow sunshine is streaming in through the windows of the bus. What time is it?
"Babe, we're here. Come on." He takes my hand and pulls me up. I almost fall over, but he's got his arm around my waist, keeping me steady. Wow. He looks amazing, his hair all messy and sexy and he's wearing this blue jumper. Wow. How haven't I seen this jumper before?
"Is this new?" I ask, touching the jumper softly.
"Heh, yeah it is, do you like it?"
"It's very sexy... You should wear it more often." He smiles at me and kisses me.
"Get off the bus," Jack shouts at us. Right. That's a good start. Urgh school. Not fun. I'm going to have to work my butt off this term, not just in the whole training thing, but school work. I only just got B's and A's. this means less Connor, fewer nights curling up with him watching movies. More study, more training, more being fit. Joy. At least it's not too cold.
As I think the rain begins, and the cold, southerly wind hits us. Huh, spoke too soon.

~Lily~

"Hey, can you grab us dinner and I'll take our bags to our room?" Jack asks.
"Sure."  I say, and kiss him on the cheek. He walks away as Ines, Connor and I walk to the cafeteria.
"Hey, have any of you guys seen Dale? I thought he stayed home on the holidays, the reason for which he and Lily still haven't told us..." Ines asks me, putting her face close to mine.
"Yeah, you're not getting it out of me that easily. And yeah, I think I did see him down the hall."
"Cool. I wanna say hi when I go and unpack." Connor says, kissing Ines on the lips for a good minute before he waves goodbye to both of us and heads down to his and Dale's room.
"Okay. That was something I could have lived without seeing." I said, looking at Nez.
"Oh, you can't talk." She replied, poking her tongue out at me.
"What?"
"You know exactly what I mean. Now come on, they'll run out of soft drink." She grabs my hand and pulls me towards the cafeteria.

"Would Lily Mason, Matthew Cooper, Connor Taylor and Emma Breslin please come to Mr Chelsea's office immediately."
"Ya know, I'm sure whoever says the announcements is getting very bored of my name cropping up all the time. Grab me some dinner, okay?" I smile at Nez and walk down to his office, meeting Em on the way.