Chapter 25

(Jonathan P.O.V.)

She's fantastic. She’s adorable. She’s beautiful. She’s amazing. She’s everything.  I seriously think I am in love with Riley. I can't get her off my mind. I can think of something and somehow it can be link back to her.

Tonight is the first home game of the season. We went 3-0-3 in the preseason. But that is all behind us. Our goal this season is to win the Stanley Cup. But 82 normal games and a 4 round playoff is in the way of the Stanley Cup.

************

I drove to the United Center and parked. Then me and Riley got out the car. I grabbed her hand, she looked down at are hands, locked together, and then up at me. Does she not like me grabbing her hand or was she not use to it. We walk towards the United Center. She tells me that she will see me after the game and to break a stick. (Break a leg)

I watch her walk over to Abby and Jana who were talking with each other. I see her go up to them, say something and Abby gives her a hug. The start talking and laughing.

I feel two different hands land on my shoulders. I could tell who's hands they were, Sharpie and Kaner.

"What do you two want?" I asked.

"For you to tell us you are dating her and that you just haven't been telling us." said Kaner.

I wanted to just start going off at them but I didn't. I saw Hossa out of the corner of my eye.

"Hossa!" I said.

He stops walking and sees me. I walk over to him.

"Hey Tazer" he said.

"Hey" I said.

"Are those two bothering you again?"

I guess I was showing a little frustration for him to ask.

"Yeah, they are." I said.

I feel two arms around my waist, like they were hugging me. I turn around to see Riley. I looked into her beautiful, brown eyes. I pull her in for a hug and she doesn't mind. She’s everything. Kaner and Sharpie walked over to us.

"See they do like each other.  They are dating." said Kaner

I could feel Riley getting a little warm from possible embarrassment. She turns around in my arms, so her back is touching my chest.

"Stop it you two. For all you could of know, I could of just lost a family member and he is comforting me. Also it's not weird for a girl and guy to huge dating or not dating! So back off you two." she said.

Then she said under her breath, "You two are as bad as the 'im' twins."

I hugged her a little bit tighter as the two of them walked away. She looks up at me and I look down at her. I let my arms fall and she says goodbye to me. I watch her walk into the United Center. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I turn around. I forgot Hossa was standing there the whole time.

"Johnny, you got a good girl. She will defend for you and I can see you really like her." Hossa said.

"Thanks Hossa.' I said

"No problem, lets get inside we have a huge game tonight." 

We walk into the United Center.