Chapter 6

(Jonathan's P.O.V)

I pulled the chicken out of the oven and checked it. It was all cooked, I walked over and placed it on the table. I was about to tell her dinner was ready, in till i looked over and saw her looking at my shelf. I quietly walked over to her and poked her sides. She didn't flinch, she just stood there. I took a step back, thinking that she would turn around but she didn't.

"Were you trying to scare me?" asked Riley.

"You can say that." I replied.

"I had 5 brothers" she turns around "You are going have to try really hard to scare me." 

"Ok, dinner's ready."

"Good, I'm starving."

"Well" I put my arm out "Should we go to the table?"

She locks her arm in my arm, which was a surprise. "Yes, we should." she said. We walked over to the table and we sat down. I raised my glass that was filled with water and said.

"A toast to you, for the first game you will be broadcasting in less than a week and the fantastic season of broudcasting headed." I said.

"Toast to you, for the fantastic season you will be playing and going for the Stanley Cup." Riley said. We both started to laugh and we hit are glasses together. Then we started to eat.

*********

She got up from the table and brought her plate to the sink. She turned on the faucet and started scrub her plate. She looks so cute in my shirt. I walked over to her with my plate and put it on the counter. I grabbed a towel and started to dry the dishes as she washed them. 

When the dishes were done, she said thanks for the dinner and had to go. I looked at the clock and it said 9:30. Did it really take that long? We were talking and laughing, a lot. I head towards bed and took of my pants. I jumped in my bed and fell asleep, thinking about her.