Chapter 12

(Riley P.O.V.)

I was in the U.C. and I was lost. I feel a hand on my shoulder and someone said "You need help?" I turn around and see Pat standing there. "Yeah" I replied. He shows me the way up to the broadcasters booth. He showed me around and showed me where we sit. Man do you have a good view of the ice. He sat down in on of the seats and told me to sit in the other. I sat down and he asked me "So you go any questions?" 

I thought for a second or two then I had one. "Can I ask you a question about Jonathan?"

He looked a little surprise then start to giggle. "Sure anything you want?"

But before I could say something they were telling us we had to go on. Pat Foley start doing his thing, "...and we have a new member of the broadcasting team, Miss. Riley Tyler."

"Hello" I said into the mic.

He continue in till we went to commerical. Then he told me that I was going to say the starting line ups. He gave me the sheets and smile when I saw Jonathan's last name. I looked at the other team, Detroit Red Wings, starting line up.

************

During the intermission, Pat said that I would be broadcasting the second period. My first full period and I was scared. He could tell I was scared. "Riley, you are going to be fine." He said to me and he was right.

15:00 in the period

...And we get a whistle. The face off will be to the left of Crawford as there is 15:00 minutes left in the period. Toews wins the face off and passes it to Sharp. He skates over the blue with it and passes it to Hossa. He takes a shot, bounces off the pad. Toews has he shoots it and SCORE!
It bounced off of the pad of Howard and Toews got and put it in the net. Its one-nothing Hawks with 14:10 left in the second period. I broadcast.

I look down at the ice and Jonathan pointed at me after he scored it. Was that goal for me?