Chapter 3

I was the last one in locker room after practice today. I got out of my uniform and took a nice warm shower. When I got out of the shower, I heard my phone go off. I wrapped the towel around me and grabbed my phone. I unlocked it and was a text message from Riley.

Hey Jonathan. How was practice? She texted me.

Good, how have you been?  I haven't seen you in a long time. I texted back at her.

Good, I got an apartment.

Good for her I thought. My phone went off again, she sent me another message.

I know, it has been for ages since I last saw you. :)

Well, she does have a sense of humor. I was wondering if I should ask her if she wanted to come over for dinner. I had no clue.

Are you busy tonight? I text her.

If you count unpacking boxes to be "busy" then yes. Otherwise no. Why? What's up? She sent back, she was funny.

Well...I was wondering if you wanted to come my place tonight for dinner?

Sure, where is your place? I text her my address.

Cool! So say seven o'clock? She texted.

I looked at my watch, it was 4. Could I be done by seven?

Yeah, let's do seven.

K. Fancy or casual?

Casual

I said because I figure all her clothes were packed away.

See you at seven

I scrambled to get my suit on. I had so much to do! I jumped into my car and drove to the store. I went in and grabbed stuff for dinner. I hope she likes chicken. I checked out and put everything in my car. I went home and grabbed everything from my car. I went to my place and changed out of my suit into a pair of jeans and a Blackhawks t-shirt. Then I went in to the kitchen and started to cook.