The start

- See you after class.
      I sent the message and I turned my attention back to the class. It was the beginning of the school year, when all the teachers strive to leave us a good impression that they can spoil throughout the year. I was in the second row, by the window, writing messages while my math teacher struggled to remember the speech she made about two weeks before school started. I was just disinterested. The same words every year, the same classrooms, the same benches and the same students. Except that a new boy had moved in this year.
      I planned, just like the teachers did, two weeks ago, how I am going to spend the first day of my senior year. I was going to stay at school, and after school I was going out with the boys. After that, I would meet my girlfriend and then we would go to my apartament and I would fuck her. That's it. Simple. Without the complicated speeches that had to be learned by heart. Just the weekend routine, now resumed on Monday.

- What is this one doing here? Christian asked. I shrugged, sipping from the beer bottle.
- I have no idea.  I think someone invited him, I said.
    We were talking about the new boy. He was a little strange, skinny and tall, with brown hair just like Harry Potter, a shirt hanging on him. Just a spoiled, all-knowing childish look. He couldn't survive too long here.
- Hey, you!  What's your name?  I heard Danny shout from the other side.
- Chase, said the new boy.
     I would give him a maximum of one week until he would break out.
     Everything happened according to plan. Around 5 o'clock in the afternoon I met Denise, my girlfriend. I bring her some flowers and chocolate to sweeten the situation, I took her to my apartment and after a quarter of an hour, she was moaning my name, holding the bed sheets tightly in her hands. It was the same movie, every day, and I could tell I felt good in the lead role.

     The first week of school had passed too quickly. I was put on the bench with my new classmate, who was messing around at all hours, not finding his place. He wasn't talking to me. He kept an eye on the phone, and sometimes at the teacher, he would look out the window or look at me, but without telling me anything. I felt a little uncomfortable around him, I didn't understand why. He's not the first student we were going to torture mentally, but something was telling me that he won't care if we torture him.
      At the end of the class, we all hurried out of it. It was Friday, and rumors were circulating in the school that Gabriel was having a party. It seems that the scenario is going to change a little. I was leaving the classroom, heading to my locker, when I heard someone swear, and then a sound that sounded like a fist left in the locker door. I approached out of curiosity, hoping it would be a fight, but to my disappointment, it was just the new student, Chase, struggling with his locker.
- You got locker 17, didn't you?  I asked.
   He fixed his eyes on me, a little confused and panicked, but he managed to mutter something that sounded like "yeah".
- All the new ones end up struggling with this for a whole year. Look, pick up this part and try to push it in before you pull it, I explained.
- Thanks, he said half-heartedly.
- Come to the party tonight. You have to make some friends, I said.
     He nodded, looking arrogantly at me, then he left his books in the locker and left. Rectify, this boy is extremely strange.

The party was in full swing when Denise and I entered the door of Gabriel's house. The rest of the guys were on the couch and the living room was full of girls jumping to the beat of some shitty songs. I threw myself on the couch and motioned for Denise to sit on my lap. I was going to fuck her in the bathroom in a little while or so I scheduled.
       After 15 minutes of shots and cigarettes, Denise was taken by her friends on their little dance floor. Looks like my plans will have to wait. As I watched my girlfriend barely stand up, I got up and headed to the bathroom. There was no one at the door, so I went inside. It was dark. I turned on the lights and unzipped my pants. Just before I took my boxers off, someone had opened the door and stepped inside. Fuck, I forgot to lock it. I turned to the door to see who the intruder was, hoping it was Denise, horny and ready to hook up, but I was a little disappointed when at the door was...
- Chase? What the hell? I shouted.
- Sorry. Why didn't you lock it? he said.
      It was the first time I had heard his voice properly. He had an interesting... pleasant voice. I felt a little bad for how I reacted seeing his expression. It wasn't his fault that I am so stupid and I forgot to lock the door. It wasn't his fault either that Denise probably couldn't climb the stairs because she got drunk in the first half an hour since we got here.
- Here, use it. It's all yours, I said, walking past him and out the door.
     After a few hours I was still nervous, frustrated, horny as hell and I had no one to fuck with. Denise was probably in a coma on the kitchen floor, and the other girls didn't come near me because they knew Denise and I were together. Their stupid "girl code". I decided to go to Gabriel's room, hoping it was empty, and go to sleep. That's not what I planned for the evening. The door to Gabriel's room was ajar, and I, an intruder, stuck my head in it. There was someone inside. I decided to go over them, because if I didn't get anything tonight, they wouldn't get either. I turned on the lights and in the bed was one of Denise's clones, Alexa, climbing over Chase. Alexa was left with only her underwear on, and Chase was almost naked. Looks like Alexa was taking off her pants just as I stepped over them.
- What the hell? Don't you know how to knock? said Alexa nervously, jumping off the bed.
     I shrugged and smiled. The girl picked up her clothes and went out the door angry, the way i did a few hours ago, in the bathroom. This made me feel a little better about this shitty night. Chase had gotten out of bed, looking for his T-shirt.  His skin was white, his abdomen not very worked, but he looked pretty good, also his hair was torn.
- Sorry, dude, but I'm a little tired, I said.
- We're even now, he said nervously.
- Hey, where are you going? I heard myself shouting after him, but he had already come out the door, slamming it hard.
     I shrugged, took off my leather jacket and boots, and threw myself on the bed. At 5 o'clock in the morning I was awakened by Gabriel pulling me out of bed.
- Get down!  he said nervously.
      I got out of his bed, put my boots on, grabbed my jacket and walked out of the room as nervously as I entered it. There was peace in the house. I was looking for Denise but still hoping not to find her. I didn't want to hold her hair while she's vomiting in the toilet from my apartment. Just as I was about to go out the door, someone shouted at me:
- Hey, aren't you going to take your girlfriend with you?
      I turned, and I saw Chase standing on a chair with a beer in his hand, looking at me arrogantly. He reached out and pointed to the couch next to him, where Denise was laying. She looked horrible, her hair was ruffled, her makeup was spread all over her face, and I bet she didn't even smell good. I approached her, tried to wake her up, but without success, so I took her in my arms and took her to the car. I managed to somehow introduce her in her house without anyone noticing us. Her parents were probably asleep because it was pretty early. I got back in the car and headed for the apartment, but on the way I changed my mind. I made my way back and ended up in a cafe. I told the waitress to bring me a coffee and I opened my phone. I had a few missed calls and messages from Denise asking me where the hell I was. I wrote her a message telling her that I was the one who took her home, and I put the phone on the table. I was looking at a girl at the bar. She didn't look too good. I was never attracted to a random girl seen on the street or even in a bar, they don't make me turn my head after them. Denise didn't interest me at first either. She was the one who approached me, and the boys said that I should give her a chance. Here we are now, having a relationship of about 5 months, based on sex for me and attention for her. I know she doesn't feel anything for me either, just as I don't feel for her, but these are details we both overlook for our own purposes.
      Being lost in my thoughts, I hadn't noticed that someone had sat next to me only when I felt a hand on my arm.
- Hey, did you hear me? said Chase.
- What the...? How did you get here? I said, confused.
- Your girlfriend forgot her phone on the couch. I saw the message you left her so I came to give it to you.
      His hand was still resting on my arm.  With the other hand he handed me Denise's phone. I looked at Chase, who was also looking at me, then quickly withdrew his hand from my arm.
- Thanks, I said.
     He got up and went to the door. I felt a trace of regret when I saw him step outside, but it disappeared when Denise's phone vibrated on the table. It was her mother calling her. She probably didn't know yet that her daughter was sleeping dead in her room, and I was going to give her phone back, making up a pretty credible excuse, as always. I liked Denise's parents, I felt good around them and i think they like me too, but I couldn't say the same about their daughter. I prefer to put this aspect on the list of details that I have to ignore.

Hi:) so this is a little story i made up in quarantine. I decided to write it because of some friends of mine, whom i personally would like to see together. If there are some grammar mistakes or something, i apologize in advance. English is my 3rd language... I hope you'll like it :)