Chapter 3 - Never Be The Same Again

** warning there is some violence in this chapter.**

~ ~ Chapter Three ~ ~

After he walked off, saying he would be back in a minute and for me not to go anywhere, my new friend pounced on me like a lion, "How on earth do you know him?" she hissed with a nervous tone.

I shrugged, "He's my friend, why?"

She shook her head, "But how can someone like you be friends with him? How can you be okay with what he does?" she asked again.

I frowned, what does that even mean? So I asked her.

She stared at me in shock, "How could you not know? His family is like the mafia but not, they run lots of illegal deals around town and no one messes with them. His own brother just got out of prison yesterday for beating the crap out of his girlfriend because she was too tired to have sex with him, Baden is exactly the same, I heard he knocked a girls teeth out because he thought she was a dirty tramp and wanted her to always remember that."

"People who cross them always disappear and no one hears from them again, I also heard he tortures people to get certain information that he wants and that most of those people never recover from the experience. Shall I go on?"

I shook my head, I was stunned, is she serious!

"H-how do you know this though?" I muttered after a minute's silence.

She sighed softly, "My cousin is in with them, I've overheard a lot of things I shouldn't have, so please don't tell him I told you this! Please!" she had tears in her eyes.

I shook my head quickly, "I promise I won't." and I wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

What the hell do I do? I looked over at him, talking to some guy, surely he can't be the same person who has been nothing but sweet and protective of me who knocked a girls teeth out? Who tortures people to measures I don't even want to think about?

A tear escaped my eye and I quickly jumped to my feet, I needed to get away, I needed to be alone. I looked down at my new friend, forgetting what her name even is, "Um, can you tell Jenny that I had to go home?" she nodded, then I left quickly.

Almost jogging to the start of the park in a hurry and trying to not make it obvious but the second I hit the street I was full on sprinting as fast and steady as someone can whose already had a few too many drinks. Damn, why do I drink again? I'm so stupid, I should have listened to Dougy! But it's not like I purposely planned to meet up with Baden!

A sob escaped my mouth as the thought of him really actually stalking me popped into my mind, how could I be so stupid! He knows where I live and everything! I'm an idiot! Hands grabbed me from behind and I screamed blue murder until a hand clamped down over my mouth and a soft shushing sound was made in my ear.

Tears escaped my eyes quicker as I struggled to get free, this is it, he's going to hurt me now!

Baden spun me around to face him, worry and anger in his eyes, how had I never noticed that hard look to him before?

"Leila, what happened? Who hurt you? Tell me now." His voice was rushed but low and steady, full of authority.

I shook my head, his hand was still covering my mouth when his other hand wrapped around my back, resting halfway down my back but not roughly. He looked up and down the street. Oh god, his going to get me now. Then he looked back to me, anger more clearly in his eyes now.