Chapter 36 - Never Be The Same Again

Not much to say, except I am buggered right now and if this doesn’t make any sense then it’s due to lack of sleep, lol......but I do want to say THANK YOU for all your support and dedication to this story, it’s been amazing and I love you all for it so much! Xo

So, enjoy......xo

~ ~ Chapter Thirty Six ~ ~

One minute we are in complete control of the situation, I have a loaded gun held directly against Fredericks head and he is where we want him. Darcy has knocked out one of the other guys who refused to stand down and be still. Neil and the others with the sniper rifles have all got a locked target and Mr Angry and the other one are helping control the ones in front of us.

Then the next minute we are being bombarded with Gianni men from every single direction and I only have one person I will blame for this – Jenny. She must have blabbed that she blabbed to us, how else would they know we were going to be here to meet them?

Frederick has knocked the gun out of my hands and sent it flying into the darkness of the night while I stood their stunned for what felt like forever as gun shots sounded off all around me and skin punching skin echoed in my ears like loud slaps. In truth it only stunned for a few seconds as I took the new situation in, the one where we are highly outnumbered before a punch to the side of my head snapped me out of my observation.

Holding my cheek I glared up at Frederick as he sneered down at me, hands clenched tight, “I'm going to enjoy getting in you tonight.” He growled with that sick maniac look in his eyes.

Smirking slightly, “I'm going to enjoy extracting information from you.” There was no way in hell I was going to be ‘getting into’ by anyone other than Baden, especially not from this sick monster.

“A girl who thinks she can play with the big boys, ay?” he lunged at me but I shifted to the side, spinning around and kicked him in the back of the knee, his leg giving way a little before he composed himself again, turning to face me.

Smirking slightly, I spun around on one foot again, raising my other leg up into the air then watched and felt as my foot made a fast and hard contact with his face, snapping his head roughly to the side before I regained my balance on both feet.

Frederick glared at me for a moment before he tilted his head to the side and spat a mouthful of blood out then grinned at me; even in the darkness I could see the blood inside his mouth staining his teeth.

“Let’s play then.” I smirked again and sent another kick into his stomach, knowing we needed him alive to get answers but damn this felt good, if only I hadn’t froze up and if my mind didn’t go blank on me when that bastard attacked me for the second time. Who knows if I would have snapped out of it if Baden hadn’t shown up?

Baden...

Pain shot through my face and I narrowed my eyes at Frederick, okay, note to self – don’t think about Baden while fighting.

“Girl! Stop playing with him and knock him out already!” Darcy’s loud voice carried over the sounds of other fighting and the odd gunshot now and then but since Gianni are just as wanted by the police as what Darcy is, they didn’t want to draw too much attention to the area.

Grinning as I faced Frederick, “You heard the man.”

As he lunged at me again with even more determination to prove a girl couldn’t take him down, my hand snaked to the back of my jeans and reached for the handle of my other weapon. Yanking it out as he grabbed me in a chock hold and sent us both flying backwards, my body hitting the ground hard and knocking the wind out of me for a few seconds but when I could breathe again I held my hand up and shoved the small black handheld device against his skin and pressed the button.