Chapter 23 - Never Be The Same Again

~ ~ Chapter Twenty Three ~ ~

"What? You can't be serious!" I screamed at Baden, getting right up in his face as he stared at me with a blank expression, I know he is trying his hardest to keep his cool with me right now because he doesn't want to snap back but I can't help it! My best friend who is like a sister to me has been kidnapped! And I know for a fact that all of my emotions from the past few weeks is coming out right now in one big hit.

"I am very serious Leila." Baden spoke calmly but with a stern tone to his voice that I so badly wanted to slap off of him right now as my hands curled into tight little balls along my sides.

"Listen here Baden!" I yelled again, leaning back so I wasn't in his personal space as much as I was a second ago, "I don't care who you think you are, you are not telling me what to do right now!" I growled with all the fury running through my body, "I am not staying back! I am helping get her back!"

Baden took a long deep breath and stayed silent as I glared angrily into his eyes while we listened to Caveman carrying on in the other room. We are currently at their house right now and I am in Baden's bedroom with him while Caveman is in the lounge room with Phil and a few others.

His voice booming through out the house, shaking the very foundation with his string of threats and plans of attack, he literally nutted it after he snatched the phone of me half an hour ago, not even Baden could calm him down as we headed over here, leaving mine and Amberly's apartment behind for good.

All I can say is that Paul Gianni is a dead man walking. He will meet his fate sooner or later, preferably sooner. Yes, I am that furious that I am even wishing his death upon him, all my previous thoughts about everyone deserving to live has flown out the damn window, I can feel it inside of me, something small snapped but even though it was small, it will be leaving a permanent mark on the girl who I use to be. I can feel it.

"I will not be putting you in any kind of risk Leila, so stop trying to argue or threaten me to do otherwise. I can't concentrate on what needs to be done if I am worried about your safety." his voice still calm but stern.

Scoffing at that I spun on my heels, "I don't have to listen to this." and I stormed off, only to have Baden grab my arm moments later before I even got close to the door leading out of here and spin me around abruptly, still holding on.

Looking up into his now furious face, I glanced away, I had really pushed him too far but I didn't care. Why cant he see I just want Amberly back? I'm not doing this to purposely go against his wishes, I'm doing this for my best friend, the one who has always been there for me when I had no one else left.

"Leila." he growled, "If I have to chain you up to that damn bed, I will! You. Are. Not. Coming!" he roared, blowing his warm breath across my face and making me cringe back slightly, I needed to let him calm down before I went at it again otherwise things will get ugly.

Looking away and staring at the wall across from us, I blinked back the tears that have been trying so badly to escape ever since we realised who had Amberly. My fear for her safety was so overwhelming that when I actually stopped and thought about the situation properly, I struggled to breath. This was starting to happen right now.

Baden's strong arms wrapped around me instantly and pulled me in nice and close to him as he rested his head on top of mine as I wrapped my arms around his waist, not wanting to ever let go. He was my safety blanket, as long as I had him around I could do and deal with anything.

"I'm sorry, okay?" he mumbled soothingly, "I am, I know you're worried about her but I promise we will get her back but I really need to know you are safe while doing so. I need a clear head when we go in." one hand rubbed my back gently and I began to calm down once more.