Chapter 21 - Never Be The Same Again

Hey everyone, thank you all so so so much for all the support on this story! It's absolutely awesome! This was actually meant to be posted Sunday night but my Internet cut out on me before I got the chance....I almost hit my monitor really hard! LOL

Well, hope you all enjoy it. :D

~ ~ Chapter Twenty One ~ ~

Wrapping my arms tighter around my knees as I had them brought up tight to my chest while I curled up on the lounge, I couldn't stop rocking myself. I had seen him, he was going to get me again and Baden killed him.......with his own bare hands. The same bare hands that touch me so lovingly and softly.

"Lee! Are you listening to me?" Dougy cried out, throwing his hands up in the air with frustration but I couldn't help it, I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying when I had so much running through my head right now. My body was still visibly shaking from what had happened and I couldn't calm myself down.

I'm so stupid! Why did I run? Why didn't I fight back more? I trained for this, I purposely spent so much bloody money on paying for the best instructors and all for what? To still be helpless in front of that man.....no, he's not a man, in front of that thing when he came for me again!

"Leila!"

Snapping my head up to look over at Dougy who was standing in front of the TV staring at me, "Huh?" I asked stupidly.

He shook his head as tears filled my eyes again, "Lee." he spoke softly now, knowing he had my attention finally, "Talk to me, what's going on in that head of yours?" Dougy walked over towards me and knelt down on the carpet so we could be at face level.

I shook my head, tears flinging off my jaw, I haven't spoken much since we got back to my place just over an hour ago and Baden hasn't come around or even rang me, so I'm confused, I want to see him, I really do but I don't at the same time.

Can I act like nothing happened? Like it was no big deal that he took someones life, even a horrible filthy persons life? I don't know and I wont know until I see him.

"Dammit Lee, talk to me!" Dougy snapped, making me jump and his face softened instantly, "Sorry bub, I didn't mean to scare you." he apologised.

I smiled slightly at him but we both knew my heart wasn't in it, "I......I don't know, I'm confused Dougy and freaked out." I whispered softly, trying to voice the jumble of emotions running crazy inside of me.

He nodded slowly, looking like he understood but I would be willing to bet money that he didn't, "Lee, as my little sister I will always take care of you, you will always come first and if Baden was any other guy, I would take you and run right now but he's not." I turned my head away from him slightly as tears filled up my eyes again, "Baden loves you and would never hurt you, he will go to any length to keep you safe, you know that."

I nodded slightly, I did know that but it didn't change the look on his face or the way he went crazy tonight, I know it wasn't directed at me and it was my fault anyway, it's just, I've never seen so much of that side of him before and it scared me. I didn't even know him like I thought I did.

"He wants to come see you." Dougy spoke but he sounded more like he was asking me if that was okay.

Was it?

"What if I freak out or something Dougy? It will hurt him more than compared too if I don't see him right now." my voice just a whisper.

I will get over it, I just need to wrap my head around it. I love Baden with everything I have, I really do and I'm not about to give up on him because of what happened tonight but also, I'm not so cold like him when it comes to this stuff. I have compassion for human kind, even low life scum. No one deserves to die like that, he should have spent the rest of his life behind bars instead but I cant change that now.