Chapter 15 - Never Be The Same Again

~ ~ Chapter Fifteen ~ ~

Groaning loudly I laid my head down in my arms on the table, trying to block out the noise from the few other customers in the small diner right now. I had a headache and felt like crap and to top it off, my stomach was eating itself with hunger for greasy food.

"You're the one who insisted on doing rows of shots." Dougy smugly lectured me from across the table. Instead of answering, I kicked him in the shin, he winced and shouted a little. Looking up at him I smiled.

Amberly laughed then stopped as she groaned and grabbed her head, both of us had dark sunnies on but the difference between us, she done herself up nice before we walked out of Baden and Jeff's house. Her hair was brushed and she had make up on. My hair was up in a messy bun and I couldn't give two rats about make up. I was hungover.

"Shut up Dougy." I grunted after a delayed moment.

He laughed, "Catch phrase of the year."

I groaned again, I was drilled last night because I was more drunk than all of them, so my genius comeback all night long was 'shut up', so I've been getting picked on today about it and the fact I keep using it doesn't help.

"Jump off a cliff and never return darling brother." I groaned again as I lifted my head to see if our food was coming yet, "Bloody hell, how long does it take to make?"

Amberly shook her head at me, "No patience at all." she laughed.

I contemplated on whether I should kick her under the table too or not and went with not, it would hurt her a lot more than it did Dougy. So I went for a more tactful approach - not.

"So.....," she looked over at me and waited for me to continue, I grinned, my hangover suddenly feeling better, "I saw you come out of Jeff's room this morning."

Her cheeks blushed bright red immediately, Dougy laughed and high fived me - that was our game we came up with last night, to see who could make Amberly blush the brightest, I won, naturally. And for some reason everyone kept high fiving each other all night long. I would have loved to be a sober fly on the wall last night, just to see how stupid we all looked.

"Shut up."

Dougy laughed again, "Wow, very original Ambo." he teased, she shot him daggers. It is safe to say that the guys have welcomed her with more friendliness now, since they got to know her pretty well last night, Jeff in particular which he was happy about.

"Shut -." she started saying, until both Dougy and I chorused, "Up!" with laughter.

Once I had calmed down I turned to look at her again, "So? Anything happened? What's the go now, friends or more than friends, bed buddies, what? Come on girl, spill." I asked excitedly and determined to find out.

She groaned and slumped her head to the table, "I liked you better when you were dying a minute ago."

Smiling I patted her shoulder, "Now, now Ambo, we shouldn't say things we don't mean.....now spill." I added quickly. She gave a dry laugh.

"Am I this annoying when I question you?"

I pretended to think about it for a minute, even though I already knew the answer, "Yes." she groaned again.

"Fine. Nothing happened, we just slept......but Lee-lee, he is so funny and kind and sweet and hot and boy does he have a great body! He was such a gentleman last night......." she gushed as she lifted her head from her hands and stared out the window with a small sigh.