Chapter 7 - Never Be The Same Again

~ ~ Chapter Seven ~ ~

Standing out on the front balcony a few flats down from ours, after I had told Amberly I needed to speak to Dougy alone and she had gone back inside, shutting the door behind her. I was glaring at my brother hatefully, I couldn't believe he said that in front of her. Now she knows something is up and now she knows he is my brother; an annoying and interferring one at that too.

"What the hell is your problem?" I hissed furiously as he leant against the railing casually, and lit up a cigarette. I could belt him one right now.

"What problem? How was I suppose to know she knew nothing?" he asked, faking dumb, though I don't think he needs to act half the time.

"Look, she doesn't know anything about my past and I would have liked it to stay that way, I don't want her having anything to do with any of you," and I nodded at the others down below in the car-park.

Dougy placed a hand over his heart, though the idiot put it over the wrong side, "Ouch, you make it sound like we are bad people."

"You are bad people," I argued back, "I don't even want anything to do with you all."

"Maybe, but you know we would never hurt you," he pointed out, thinking that statement would make everything all okay.

I shook my head as I glared past him at nothing in particular, "Well you certainly have made a big turn around on the whole Baden topic," I muttered a little sourly, if anything I thought Dougy would have been on my side with trying to get Baden to simply leave me alone and act like he had never found me again.

He smirked, "So you like him still then?"

"No," it was cold and harsh, but the truth, well the truth everyone else is going to get. I don't think I liked him, but I have always held a spot in my heart for him, a spot which can only exist if he isn't here in my life.

We both fell silent for a minute, thinking, I was wondering if I moved, would they leave Amberly alone since they obviously now know where she lives? Or would they keep bugging her on a daily basis, thinking she knows where I am? I already knew the answer, it was the second one. Maybe I can convince her to move and get herself a new place without me, but not tell her why, but then they know where she works.

Damn it. Maybe I will just have to move away somewhere with all of them for them to keep her out of this.

The sounds of tyres squealing broke my train of thought and I glanced down into the car park to see a familiar rusty brown ford. Crap. Amberly must have heard his car too because she opened the front door and stepped out, sending me a worried look. She was worried about my brother, but I was worried about Josh. She didn't know these boys like I did.

Josh flew into the closest park near the foot of the stairs and came flying out of his car, dressed in only jeans and heavily covered in his tattoos, he looked scattered as all hell and totally ticked off. Maybe that has something to do with me ignoring him for the past week and a half. Josh was hot, but a jerk, a dominating jerk who thought women were only put on this earth to be his slaves. I don't agree with that logic at all.

"You cheating whore!" he yelled furiously at me as he stormed his way up the stairs two at a time.

My eyes darted to Dougy who was glaring at Josh, trying to work out who exactly he was speaking to. I turned around to look at Amberly, "Get inside now," I growled loudly, not wasting anytime in getting her out of the way.