Chapter 1 - Never Be The Same Again

Dedicated for my AWESOME and AMAZING editor, who seriously has spent so much of her own time helping me out with all my stories and I seriously appreciate it!! xo

~ ~ Chapter One ~ ~

My head was pounding as my mind and body woke up, the bright sun was shining in through my window and I had no idea what the time was. Sitting up slowly, I needed a drink of water, my mouth was dry as hell and felt gross.

Opening my eyes I glanced down at Jenny's dress in a crumpled heap on the floor by my bed and groaned, I was going to have to wash and iron that now. Her shoes looked fine to me from over here but a quick rub and they should be as good as new.

Standing up I groaned again then froze as I noticed the folded up quilt sitting neatly on my lounge with the pillow on top. Then I remembered how Baden slept here last night. I'm pretty sure we didn't do anything though, no, I'm positive we didn't. Wonder if I'll ever see him again?

Walking into my bathroom and filling up an empty glass with water, I rummaged through my cabinet for some pain killers, once I swallowed them down I showered then got dressed into a pair of loose shorts and a singlet. Brushing my hair, I left it down to dry then walked back out into my room.

Man, I can't believe I let some random sleep here last night.

Walking over to the quilt I spotted the piece of paper sitting on top, picking it up I read what it said:

Morning.

See? I didn't kill you in your sleep or rob you but you complaining about your 'pounding head' all morning was pretty entertaining. :) Maybe we will meet again sometime, until then - take care of yourself and don't go getting that drunk at a club again, at least until your eighteen.

AND make sure to lock all your doors and windows in the future. Your backdoor was unlocked and some of the downstairs windows were wide open - I shut and locked them after you fell asleep and your welcome.

Baden. xo

I don't know why but his note made me smile. He really was a sweet guy, the memory of how rude Nigel was to him last night popped into my head and annoyed me. I will have to yell at him next time I see him, he was rude for no damn reason.

My mobile started ringing, so I walked over to my purse and pulled it out, flopping down onto the floor as I pressed the answer button without checking who it was.

"Leila! You're alive!" Jenny cried loudly through the phone.

I groaned loudly back, "Tone it down, some of us have a headache."

She laughed, "What happened last night? Nigel said that Baden Johnson was all over you and took you home, that guy is bad news sweetie, like serious bad news. He didn't do anything, did he?" she asked slowly, worry in her voice.

"No, why would you even think that? Look, I don't know what Nigel has been telling you, but Baden is cool. He dropped me home and never made a move on me and the only reason why he was holding me at the club was so my drunken ass wouldn't fall off the stool," I argued back in an defensive tone, I don't know why I felt the need to stick up for someone I barely knew, I just did though.

I decided not to mention he stayed the night.

"Leila! That guy is like in a major bad gang! He bashes people for no reason! He's even killed people before! You don't want to get caught up with someone like him, so promise me you wont see him again," she asked, "Promise," she growled.