Lisa

It's been a few weeks. Every day- no, every hour, is a struggle. It's an effort to breathe. It's been even harder since this morning, when I found out that my baby sister Amy and my older sister Christina have joined me in the hospital. I am especially worried about Christina, she's pregnant! I already lost my baby. That was hard enough. I want Chris's pregnancy to work out so bad that it hurts. And... I can't help but blame myself. I was the one who went to the grocery store, the one who contracted the virus, the one who spread it to my other sisters. The people I care about most in the world. I feel so bad.

I lie in my bed, half-asleep for a few more hours, desperately sucking air in through my lungs. This is how every day is. I can't remember anything else, even though it's only been a few weeks. It feels like eternity!

*That Night*

A knock sounds at my door. "Come in," I croak, my voice barely audible.

A nurse, a different one than normal, comes in.

"Who're you?" I ask weakly

"Don't worry about that, sweetie. You're almost safe," she says in a heavy southern accent. It surprises me. Even though I live in Nashville, most of the people here have moved here from other places so they don't have a true southern accent.

While I am thinking about this, the nurse has pulled out a phone and seems to be texting someone. I stare at her. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure people don't use flip phones nowadays...unless they're nine and that's all their parents have supplied them with, or they're really sketchy...What's going on?

A few minutes later, three other nurses come into the room.

"Aw Mandy," one says, "I had to get out of a meeting to get here. What's so important?

"Shut up," the first nurse says. "I'm paying you well for this. We're taking the girl now, before she dies on us."

"What?" I say. "Where are you taking-" before I can finish my sentence, I feel something being slapped over my mouth. What the heck? I swivel my head to see one of the nurses holding a roll of duck tape. Quickly, she mouths, "Sorry," then scurries back to the first nurse, who's name is apparently, "Mandy." As I turn around, I feel a rope being tied around my wrists and I struggle, but I'm not strong enough. I try to scream but only a muffled, guttural sound comes out my mouth. I wouldn't have been able to scream anyway, but now Ir's even harder. My breathing becomes laborious. I try to suck air in through my nose, but after weeks of relying on my mouth to take in most of the air- it's hard. And I have even less air because of my panic.

"Come ladies, let's go, before the doctor comes in," Mandy says, breaking me out of my thoughts. Without a seeming care in the world, she picks up my light body- I've lost so much weight, barely eating for two weeks- and slings me over her shoulder. I struggle, but again, I'm not strong enough, plus my wrists are tied up. We go out of the hallway, and I spy Christina's room across the hall. I don't even know if she's awake or can hear me. But it's my best shot. I have no idea what is happening, but I know I'm in trouble, and I'm definitely not being brought to help. I summon all of my energy and fear and I hope I can yell loud enough. Through the ducktape on my mouth and my injured, scarred, weak lungs. "Christina!" I scream. "Christina, Help me!"

"Shut up," Mandy hisses. "Or I will personally kill you."

I give in, Chris probably can't hear me anyway. I turn my attention to the other three nurses, who are marching silently along. As I turn to them though, one glances at me, then quickly looks away. What is that? Did I see a glimmer of sympathy in her eye? It's almost as if she doesn't want to do this? What's happening?

I close my eyes and let myself be bounced around. Suddenly, I feel cold air on my face. How did we sneak past the front desk? I look back at the door, swinging shut. It says "emergency exit. Alarm will ring." Huh?

"Good job disabling the alarm," Mandy says approvingly. "You get extra money," she nods at one of the nurses.

"What? no fair!" another one pipes up.

"Well, if you want extra money, learn how to actually be useful!"

"I am useful"

"Sure," Mandy smirks, "A 23 year old McDonalds worker who lives in her mother's basement and somehow faked medical school to get a job at the hospital. So helpful. Get a real job. Then you'll get a raise."

It goes silent after that. A minute later we reach a small 4 seater car. Mandy opens the back of the trunk and shoves me inside. She closes the trunk and that's the last thing I hear. A minute later, I feel the car begin to move and I shut my eyes. I'm so tired. 

DID YOU EXPECT THAT? I'M GUESSING NO. I TRIED NOT TO DO ANY BIG CLIFFHANGERS. YOU CAN THANK DerpyThePotatoMehdud FOR THAT, LOL. THEY REQUESTED ME TO NOT WRITE CLIFFHANGERS. I TRIED. I REALLY TRIED 😂 ANYWAYS, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS? VERY BIG PLOT TWIST, I KNOW. NEXT UPDATE WILL BE ON SUNDAY!! PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT.