Emmyn

I groggily roll over to see the sun shining brightly through the blinds. "Dan?" I glance over to where Dani usually sleeps next to me, but she's not there. Probably already awake and downstairs. This happens most mornings. I have to go to the bathroom, so I sit up and swing my feet off the bed, placing my them in my beige man-slippers, and walk into the bathroom, shivering as the cold air touches my bare skin. Brr.

After I'm done, I go to wash my hands, but before I can turn on the faucet, a white, sturdy looking stick on the basin catches my eye. I look closely and see a blank screen with oner word on it, "POSITIVE."

What?

Is that...a pregnancy test?! Nobody uses this bathroom except for Dani and I. Forgetting to wash my hands, I grab the stick and run downstairs. "Dani, Dani, what's this?" I ask breathlessly. She glances up from wolfing down her cereal, milk dripping from her chin and I see her eyes widen in surprise as she sees what I'm holding in my hand.

"Dammit, I left that out?"

"Yes...You did."

"Dangit Em, why do you have to ruin every one of my surprises?" She complains in a good natured voice. "Well, now you all know," she gestures to Katherine, Lauren, Nick, and I.

We stare at her for a second and then all start talking at once. Well most of us do. Katherine just starts crying into her cereal. I go down to the table and hug Dani. "I'm so happy, Dan."

"Me too."

"Dan," Lauren says, looking surprised. "Soon you'll be spoiling it as much as you spoil Penelope when Lisa's not looking."

"Couldn't resist a roast, could you?"

"Never could. Dan, for real, I'm so proud and happy of and for you."

"Aw," Dan gets up and hugs her then goes over to Katherine. "Kath, you can stop crying now," she laughs.

Katherine just sniffs and says, "Happy tears."

"Aww."

I'm so happy. Dani and I have a child.

NEXT UPDATE IS FRIDAY :) PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT. ALSO, CEREAL BEFORE MILK OR MILK BEFORE CEREAL?