Lisa

In the distance, I hear the door swing open. I'm still half asleep, but I can hear Mandy's voice. Great. So far, with her not here, I've been treated much better. I was hoping she was gone for good. It's obvious that the other nurses feel bad for me and it's not really in their hearts to do this. I've heard them whispering late at night- they only do this because they're desperate for more money. But Mandy. Mandy is different. Mandy is cruel. She doesn't care.

I'm shaken fully awake by a sudden thud, and I jump. I down down from the couch where I'm pitifully lying, to the ground, and there lies a girl. I look up and Mandy is standing and looking down at her. She catches my gaze and smirks. "How's our little princess doing? Not too well, eh? Don't die on us yet, sweetie," she says, her thick southern accent prominent. "We still need you for our plan."

It takes all of my energy, but I muster a defiant glare. "No."

"Oh, the patient speaks. I am afraid that words do you no good now, sugar pie." With this, she walks away, leaving me and the new girl alone. Weakly, she raises her head. "hi."

"hi, what's your name," I whisper hoarsely.

"Kali. You?"

"Lisa."

"So...what...what is this...where are we? I was...kidnapped from Nashville hospital a few days ago."

"Me too, I mean I was kidnapped too, but I've lost track of how long it's been." I try to explain to Kali in the least words possible what the plan is, still, my voice is completely gone. But she gets it. Kali understands. I can tell by the horrified expression on her face.

"So," she says, trying to clarify. "They're keeping us for...money?"

I nod, wanting to cry, but I don't have the strength.

She looks at me for a few seconds, not wanting to believe it, then slowly lays down, closing her eyes. I'm so tired, and slowly we drift off to sleep.

In the morning, I have my voice back. I can feel the strength in my body slowly dwindling though. I take the opportunity to tell Kali a little of my backstory, while I can. I manage to summarize everything- the band, my sisters, Chad- into 5 minutes. "This is getting harder. Sometimes, I just want to give up."

"Keep breathing- for your sisters."

"I'm trying, Kali, I really am."

With this, we fall silent. Time passes, I don't know how much. One of the nurses brings us water. I drink it, I fall asleep. I wake up. Kali turns to me and says something quietly. "Hey Lisa! Did you hear me? I know we're sick and tired, but we need to start planning our escape. We stay here any longer, we'll die."

Escape? We're going to try to escape?

I'LL CLOSE WITH SOME POWERFUl WORDS: 

"WHY DON'T WE TAKE THIS THING FOR A RIDE

I'M BURNING UP IN THIS HEAT, OH MY" 💀💔😭😂

IF YOU DON'T GET THIS, I'M SO SORRY