Katherine

*1 week later*

I wake up and check my email, just like I do every morning now. Waiting for an email from the doctors. But unlike every other time, there's actually something here.

NASHVILLE GENERAL HOSPITAL UPDATE ON LISA CIMORELLI'S CONDITION

I take a deep breath, my cursor hovering over the title of the email. But after 2 minutes I finally click on it.

Ms. Cimorelli-

Lisa's tests have just come back from the CDC. She does indeed have the COVID19 strain of influenza. Right now, she and her baby are doing alright, though she is having some struggle breathing. We are keeping her without a ventilator at the moment, but if her conditions worsen. we will supply her with one. Please give us your phone number so we can reach you more easily.

Sincerely,

Nashville General Hospital

I take a deep breath, repeating the one sentence over and over in my head. "She and her baby are doing alright. She and her baby are doing alright. She and her baby are doing alright. She and her baby are doing alright."

After a few minutes, I write back.

Hi,

This is my number: 6152257926.

Please update us if she gets any worse or better.

Katherine Cimorelli.

I click send and then yell down the hall, "Christina, come here!"

She comes into the room and I update her on the situation, then she calls a family meeting. We all meet in the kitchen five minutes later, and Christina and I explain what's going on. After we are all up to date, Lauren claps her hands together and says, "Guys, I know this is scary, but we still need to keep up with the band. We should film today. We haven't posted in almost a month and I'm sure the CimFam wants a video."

Amy looks at her uneasily. "Surely they can wait, right?"

"Yeah," I chime in. "We need to take care of ourselves right now."

Christina sighs, and looks up. "No, Laur is right. We can't neglect everything just because Lisa is in the hospital. You all saw the email. She's fine right now."

"Okay fine," I say. "But who's going to edit?"

"I can," Dani speaks.

It's true, she does have almost as much experience in design as Lisa.

After a minute, Christina nods briskly and then dismisses everyone except the 5 of us. We sit at the table brainstorming ideas for a few minutes. We can't do a cover because without Lisa, we'd be missing a key part in high harmonies. Lauren can sing high, but Lisa's voice is more powerful, whereas hers is more wispy, therefore in a cover, she wouldn't be able to cover the same parts. We decide just to do a harmonizing challenge for Demi Lovato songs. We plan out the video- what songs we're going sing, and what we're going to say about Lisa and then we go to record.

Since we aren't quarantined with our friend, Arielle, who normally films our videos, we get Nick, Christina's husband to film for us.

"Hey, I'm Christina," Christina says.

I burst out laughing. "Ham Christina."

"Okay, okay," she says, rolling her eyes playfully. "I'll try again. Hey. I am Christina"

"I'm Katherine"

"I'm Amy"

"I'm Lauren"

"I'm Dani"

"And we're Cimorelli!"

"So, as you might have noticed," Christina begins, "We are missing one of our members today. Lisa is-"

Just then, my phone rings. "Oh sorry, let me just hang up on whoever this is," I say, pulling out my phone.

INCOMING CALL FROM: NASHVILLE GENERAL HOSPITAL

"It's about Lisa..." I stare at the phone.

"Answer it!" Christina yells!

I quickly shake my head to get rid of the daze and click answer. I put the phone up to my ear and what I hear next chills me.

I AM SINCERELY SORRY FOR THE CLIFFHANGER. I WOULD LOVE IF YOU VOTED AND COMMENTED!