Katherine

"Chris?"

She's silent.

I stare at her bare arms, covered in hundreds of tiny scars. That's why she's been wearing long sleeves the entire time.

After a few moments of us just staring at each other, she finally meets my eyes. "Say something," she whispers.

"How long?" I ask, my voice barely audible.

"A month."

I breathe a sigh of relief. Not too long. She can still be healed. But then my heart beats faster. How can she have so many scars from just a month? She must be really deep into it. Before I realize what is happening, I feel a panic attack coming on and tears slip down my cheeks. I can't help it. We stare at each other, not saying anything. Finally Chris walks into her closet and gets a long sleeve shirt on.

"There." She says. "Please don't tell Nick. He's already worried about my pregnancy. And cutting really helps me get by. I'm so worried about Lisa, and this is helping a little bit."

I wipe my tears and Christina looks hopeful. "No," I say. "I won't tell Nick...You will."

"No, Please Kath! I can't, he'll hate me," she says, beginning to cry.

"He won't hate you," I say. "He's your husband. He just wants you to be safe. And you have to tell him. And there's no way you can keep cutting. It's not safe. When's the last time you talked to your therapist?"

"Since the quarantine started- I haven't."

"Okay, well you need help. But you need to tell Nick.Now. He's downstairs. Come here," I beckon her to me. She comes and I hug her tightly.

"Wait. Why did you come here in the first place?"

"Oh- I," I stutter. "Well, Chris, Amy is sick..."

"No...No no no, this can't be happening." She sobs into my shoulder. "Corona virus?"

"We think so," I mumble, holding back my tears. "Emmyn and Chad drove her to the hospital. I was just going to wake you up to tell you."

Chris shakes her head and then breathes deeply. "Okay. I'm ready to tell Nick."

We head downstairs, holding hands and Chris sits down at the table where Nick is.

"Hey baby," he says. "Did you hear about Amy?"

"Yes... and I need to tell you something. In fact, I think all my sisters should know." She texts the group chat.

CHRISSY ❤️: GUYS. COME TO THE KITCHEN TABLE, I NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING.

AMES ✌🏻: I AM AT THE HOSPITAL BB, I CAN'T

CHRISSY ❤️: I KNOW, FEEL BETTER SOON.

AMES ✌🏻: I HOPE SO.

LAUR 😁: COMING KIDS

DANI 💕: COMING

EMMYN 😉: DO THE MEN OF THIS HOUSEHOLD NEED TO BE THERE TOO?

CHRISSY ❤️: NO EMMYN.

EMMYN 😉: K.

In a few minutes, everyone is gathered at the table and Christina takes a deep breath. "I need to show you guys something that Kath already knows about. I'm scared. But it's important." She leans into mend squeeze her hand.

Christina slowly rolls up her sleeves and I see everyone's face change from oblivion to horror. 

HEY EVERYONE. HERE'S YOUR THURSDAY CHAPTER! HOPE YOU ENJOY AND I'LL UPDATE ON SUNDAY :)