❝ ᵒⁿᵉ

✧ ೃ༄ Why would I bother climbing the tower with some murderer? I silently stood in front of Rachel's door, wooden sign hanging from a nail symmetrically that scrum Rachel in your face. “Can I come in, Rachel?” I asked, only to be greeted by a thud before a pause and her answer, “Y... You can come in, Mr. Khun!” Honorifics, only Bam had stated my name as Mr. Khun before. Is she trying to replace him with me? Utter nonsense! Bam can never be replaced, not especially with his best friend.

“Rachel,” I said, entering her room of tan walls, her pink blanketed bed that sat by a window from the door greeted my with her sitting figure. I just hoped that her sitting figure will soon go. It annoys me so much, I won't hesitate to slit her throat, but I don't know if Bam will agree to that. A sigh escaped my lips as I walked over to her bed, pulling a stool to sit on. “How are you?”

“I met Bam again... In my dreams,” she tells me, her lips curling in a thin line as her eyes filled with those tears of pity. “In that dark place where he saved me...”

“Mr. Khun,” she looked me up with those golden eyes, but not too close to Bam's that I'd mistake her roach looking ones for the one I loved staring and getting lost at, I missed Bam's eyes where I'd dance, lost in thought as it glimmered like the stars above even if it was entailed with shinsu.

“Rachel,” her name slipped out of my mouth. “I don't think Bam will like it if you cry.”

Comforting the one who took your love away fron you, it truly shattered my hearts into several pieces. I wanted to cry, I wanted to tell her off, I wanted to build myself a fort of glass and stay there, isolated until Bam came. “He saved you so you could climb the tower.” She doesn't deserve all this treatment, she doesn't deserve to be taken care of much like near to that of a princess.

I've been doing this much more often, checking up on her so that it doesn't bother my other team mates. I know that it's foolish to attempt and help her, she has a mental disorder... She's crazy enough to kill Bam off when he had somewhere to return to. Bam died six years ago on the dirty and unkempt  floor of tests, under Rachel's unclean hand in my observation. Maria, she had died when I was young, for her pleasure to be a Princess of Jahad. My soul.... I feel completely empty now, yet inside its oddly heavy. I would no anything to bring him back, I would even kill this roach off if I had needed to, just to prevent where we are now.

Six years ago, I had sat down with Shibisu, discussing the matter of Rachel and her lies, her facade, and all she had put up in front of my face. “I had thought he called me to say goodbye, but he called me for something much more serious,” I tell the freckled man in front of me, hunched on my seat as I opened my eyes lifelessly. “He called a doctor in secrecy to fix up Rachel's legs.”

“But her legs,

They're totally fine.” I looked down at the floor, not able to keep my eyes in his level. Shibisu was shocked, maybe he had not saw through her facade like I did first, he could be as dense as Bam at times. “The stab is not deep, it allows her, even to run an walk. Her wound does not need treatment.”

Each and every raise of his voice, I kept to myself, each and every one of her lies, I accepted through a facade. So, what more can I endure to shut her off and regain Bam? I'll once more, set as my goal to be the Head of The Khun Family.

“I need his powers,” I tell my team mates as Dann looked utterly dazed by my speech. “I'll grant your wishes once I succeed. In exchange, I ask you of one thing.”

Be the boundary that protects Rachel,” no matter what it takes, even if it means suspecting that the person who had killed Bam is Rachel, its cruel. I don't care is she's watching, I don't care about what she's attempting to prove by climbing the tower doing nothing, but I'll feed her shit.

Be nice to her, but ignore her calls,” I tell them as I hunched my back, only the glint of my azure eyes present under the moon lit sky behind me. “Yet never let your guard down, she is not your friend.”

So it's a burden, much more of a burden than what she claimed Bam as. “Hate her.”

“Because...

She is the one who killed....

My best friend,” it must be so cruel to be born with the most cruel and dark life out of all of us. Rachel.... The person borne if the most cruelest person amongst us.

Sorry, Bam.