May 12 by Mrs. Emeliza Joy Bacuyag

GOD Of All Comfort
2 Corinthians 1:4-12

Did Jesus suffer? Was He sometimes lonely? Was He tempted to be discouraged?

Of course! None of us are exempt from suffering, loneliness, discouragement.

But this doesn't mean God causes tragedies. God is good, and He will not cause evil or do evil. But God can use dark and stressful times for good. He'll use them to teach us to trust him, teach us to comfort others and to draw us closer to other believers.

So, what should you do when you're going through difficult times?

REFUSE TO BE DISCOURAGE.
Remember God is with you. Rely on God's protection and guidance.

We all go through difficult times. The difference for those who believe in Jesus is not the absence of the difficulties but the presence of Jesus in them.

DON'T LISTEN TO YOUR FEAR.
God's promise to the believers is that, no matter what happens to us, he is working for our good — if we love him and follow him. The Bible says all things are working together for good — not that all things are good but that they are working together for good.

There is no difficulty, defeat, or disaster in the life of a believer that God can't get some good out of.

HANG ON TO GOD'S UNCHANGING CHARACTER.
Your circumstances cannot change the character of God. God's grace is still in full force; He is still for you, even when you don't feel it.

Remind yourself what you know to be eternally true about God: He is good, He loves you, He is with you, He knows what you're going through, He cares, and He has a good plan for your life.

DON'T WASTE YOUR PAIN.
Your pain often reveals God's purpose for you. If you've gone through difficulties He wants you to help other people going through that same difficulties. He wants you to share it. God can use the problems in your life to give you a ministry to others. In fact, the very thing you're most ashamed of in your life and resent the most could become your greatest ministry in helping other people.

The very thing you hate the most in your life is what God wants to use for good in us to help others.

RECRUIT OTHERS TO PRAY WITH US.
The Bible says, "If any two agree as touching anything it shall be done" and "Where two or more are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

You need that power to get through what you're going through. That's why you need to ask them to pray with you.

When you pray for other people, you are loving your neighbor as yourself. When they pray for you, they are loving you as themselves.

---God is developing within us the character of Christ, and, in order to do this, He must take us through all of the circumstances in life through which he took Christ.

>>>>>>>>>>Life Group Discussion Questions:
• Kamustahan: Have you been exempted to test? What happen? What did you fill?
• Before the lesson: Describe a life of comfort?
• After the lesson: How can you help others to feel comfortable in the midst of trials.