May 09 by Ptr. Jair Paul Abarca

DON'T STOP!

One night, Paul had a vision, and in it the Lord said, "Don't be afraid to keep on preaching. Don't stop! I am with you, and you won't be harmed. Many people in this city belong to me." Acts 18:9-10

It is very common for people to be afraid and to give up in the face of adversity. Paul faced some difficulties at Corinth and he decided to withdraw and focus where he thought there was little danger. But God directed him to a house of a man called Justus who lived next to the synagogue and by divine orchestration, the ruler of the synagogue got saved and that opened the door for many Corinthians to get saved too! God then appeared to Paul in a vision with these encouraging words,

"Don't be afraid to keep on preaching. Don't stop! I am with you, and you won't be harmed. Many people in this city belong to me."

Imagine the relief that Paul felt. He was afraid, but God told him not to be afraid. He was about to give up on his mission, but God told him to continue and not to stop. He felt alone, but God assured him that He was right there with him. He feared that his life was in danger, but God told him that he wasn't going to be harmed in any way. He thought his efforts were fruitless, but God told him that He had so many people in that place.

While it is crucial for us to be cautious not to contract the virus, we must not be crippled by fear. This isn't time to stop everything and just lock ourselves at home in fear. The church cannot stop because of the coronavirus, we continue congregating online.

We cannot stop shining our light.

We cannot stop spreading the love of Jesus.

We cannot stop reaching out to those who need us at such a time as this.

We cannot stop praying for those who need prayers.

We cannot stop encouraging those who feel overwhelmed by the situation.

We cannot stop trusting God's intervention.

We cannot stop being the church.

God is with us and He has so many people in this land. The encouragement which kept Paul going at Corinth is the same encouragement we need to embrace today. Just don't stop!

>>>>>>>>>>Life Group Discussion Questions:
1. What do you think part of your life that stopped when this pandemic hits us? and Why?
2. What do you think are the reasons why we can't move on to do something important in our lives?
3. Truthfully, will this corona virus stop you from reaching for your friends for God? What do you think is the right thing to do and what is your strategy?