March 25 by Ma'am Gigi Pasion

Positively Responding to the CoViD-19 Pandemic

We face different situations in our life everyday and we respond in many different ways. Our response will either make us or break us. It is our choice.
K. Baker has these suggestion and I want to expound it for us.

1 Peter 4:12-13
Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you, but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.

Here are some ways to respond positively:

1. Lay all your frustrations at God's feet. Our circumstances are not hidden from God. He sees. He hears. He knows. All we have to do is go to him and ask him to carry all our frustrations and tell him what we feel about everything. He is a good God. He listens to Us.Commit your ways to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. Psalms 37:5.

2. Keep a steady diet of God's promises. We become faint when waiting to eat past the point of hunger. After a healthy meal we are energized. In the same way, when we "eat" of the word, we become stronger. Jeremiah 15:16 "your words were found and I ate them, and your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart."

3. Pray. Prayer helps us stay connected with God. Remember he's not forsaken you, although it may seem like it. Keep coming to Him in prayer, crying for help, with humble surrender that we can not survive this crisis without Him. Psalms 34. :17 says, "When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their trouble."

4. Spend time in worship. God's presence is life-giving. It's the best de-stressor. I know. He wants to pour out His strength to us, gives us wisdom and strategies and fill us His love. It doesn't matter what we are dealing with, Psalms 46:1, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

5. Reach out. If your body gets a cut, other parts of the body will work harder to help clean and heal the wound or the pain we feel today. We are part of the body of Christ. We have technologies today that we can be connected we the people miles aways from us.Our brothers and sisters are our support system Let us pray for one another, encourage one another and pray for another.Let them help when needed.

6. Avoid negativity.It is not easy to focus on Covid-19 today, which will be a continual input of negativity. Instead, guard what you listen to, read and watch. Proverbs 17:22, "A merry heart does good, like medicine."

7. Rest to Recharge.Our situation now can leave us physically and emotionally drained. Unplug from social media, news and other unnecessary informations, that will not help you become productive and healthy. Our bodies naturally feel down when we are emotionally tired. Get some rest, sleep or at he very least play with your family or do something relaxing.The promises in the word are for you, and they never Fail. God is a faithful God.He is in control.

This crisis is nothing compared to the sufferings of Jesus Christ on the Cross for our sins, so that we may have eternal life. Let us be excited for the glory he will reveal after all this trials. Let us choose to respond positively.