March 31 by Ptr. Harvey Bacuyag

Bible Reading: Habakkuk 3:16-19

Habakkuk lived in a time of great turmoil. He saw faithlessness and rebellion, violence and destruction around Him. It seemed like God wasn't doing anything during.

But God responded to Habakkuk and encourage him that even though it may take a long time like what we feel right now, (How long will this corona virus? This quarantine, extreme enhanced quarantine? This panic? This worry, fear) His plan always go as He plans.

In the final chapter of Habakkuk, we see his response to God even if things look dark for a season. We see a picture of what our response should be in this crisis we are in. Habakkuk 3:16-19

He WAITED QUIETLY. (v.16)- "I will wait quietly for the coming day when disaster will strike the people." He wait and live by faith. He also REJOICE IN THE LORD. (v.17-18)- "I will rejoice in the Lord. I will be joyful in the God of my salvation. He hold not only to the purpose and promise of God but to God himself. And He sing. (v.19)- "This prayer is to be accompanied by stringed instrument." What a way to respond to God.

Singing is one way for us to easily remember and learn things. Children learn Alphabet easily in singing. Students listen to music while reviewing their notes.

Habakkuk encourage us not only to pray but to accompany it with stringed instruments. He encourage us to turn our PANIC TO PRAISE.

It is a best way to be reminded of God's goodness and teach ourselves that God is in control. To praise, to remember what HE has done. If he did it in the past He will do it the future. To proclaim who HE is. HE is the same God yesterday, today and forever. That will help us to receive His peace and fill us with His presence.

So, Will you sing in the midst of this dark season? What will you sing that will turn our panic to praise?

For me, my heart sing the song "WAYMAKER" by Leeland. It says God is...

"Way maker
Miracle worker
Promise keeper
Light in the darkness
That is who you are."

This reminds me who God is. And if we continue singing, it goes even better. It says...

Even when I don't see it, You're working
Even when I don't feel it, You're working
You never stop, You never stop working...

God never stop doing something great even when you don't see it and feel it.

Now, how about you? what will you sing that will remind you and also everyone of the greatness of God?

What's your song? can you leave it the comment section and lets start a sharing about this.

God bless.

>>>>>>>>>>Life Group Discussion Questions:
• Kamustahan: Theme song of your week? Why?
• Before the lesson: What is your response to difficulties?
• After the lesson: How do you always remind yourself of God's goodness in any situation?