April 16 by Miss Jelyn Palandito

These days we often hear and watch news about the increasing COVID-19 cases, poverty, hunger, injustices, etc. all over the place! And its so bad that it's tiring and slowly consumes us.

So some of us are indulged with social media to be entertained and or to kill time. But we can't just easily avoid negativity as we scroll down with our Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Some triggering post or comments and there we are, sitting cross legged, full of undesirable thoughts and feelings running through every fiber of our being.

In Proverbs 4:23, it says guard your heart because everything you do flows from it. It's a great reminder for us today that truly it is important for us to take care of our hearts so that whatever flows out from it is love and not hate.

If we try to read throughout the Scripture, it says to guard one's heart means we make sure we are careful to live according to the Word of God. We are told to start with God's word and take it into our hearts so that we can then live lives that are glorifying to God. What is inside of us will determine what comes out of us. In other words, the health of our hearts will determine the health of our behavior.

In Proverbs 27:19, it says that as water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflect the man. Guarding our hearts is, guarding our identity in Christ.
What is inside of us will determine what comes out of us.

So when we say "Guard your heart", it doesn't mean that we are protecting ourselves to get hurt at all cost but it means we are protecting ourselves to sin at all cost so we could be able to love God and people better.

>>>>>>>>>>Life Group Discussion Questions:
a. Do you set your own boundaries? Why or why not?
b. How do you take care of your self?