March 28 by Ptr. Jair Paul Abarca

ILANG ARAW NA BA SA PAKIRAMDAM NATIN SIMULA NG PINATUPAD ANG ENHANCE COMMUNITY QUARANTINE? IT FEELS LIKE 'FOREVER', SABI NGA NG IBA. AND WHILE WE ARE QUARANTINED, KUMUSTA NAMAN ANG DISIPLINA NATIN MGA KAPATID?

KARAMIHAN, NABABAGOT NA, BORING NA SA PAKIRAMDAM, WALANG MAPUNTAHAN, UBOS NA ANG NAKA STOCK NA PAGKAIN, etc.2x...

We have all the time in the world to do 'something'. And discipline determines whether we do something productive or we do things that is exactly opposite of productivity. We can all be productive in many ways, the only question is, can we maintain it?

It is like planning and doing a one-year scripture reading, and then totally forgotten it halfway. It is like doing and planning to have an exercise, but then again, completely crossed off your list of things to do. It is like wanting to lose some weight, but then again.......you know the answer to that. Or trying to gain some weight for that matter.

Physical discipline can be hard sometimes, but spiritual discipline is much, much harder! Our battle against Covid19 is undeniably in the physical sense, but our real and ultimate battle is in the spiritual realm. It is like remembering what Job in the bible has experienced when he was struck by a disease and lost everything. He still remained true to God and able to worship Him despite of what happened.

Is it also true for us? Can we still remain true to God and still able to worship Him despite of what happened, and all the more, what will going to happen? Are we disciplined enough to remain true and increase our faith out of this increasing crisis in our lives?

Two Things I would like us to remember and be disciplined enough to keep on doing, that is, KEEP ON TALKING TO GOD AND KEEP ON CONNECTING TO OTHER PEOPLE.

1. TALK TO GOD (Fasting, Meditation, Scripture Study & Worship)
a. Thank God for providing for your needs every day. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you be more aware of God's generosity.
b. Thank God for the power of His Word. Ask Him to help you stay focused on His Word throughout the day so you can become more like Jesus.
c. Thank God for His Word, which helps you understand what is best for your life, and pray that God would give you a desire to study and obey it.
d. Thank God for who He is and for all He's done for you. Ask Him to help you learn to worship Him with every part of your life.

2. CONNECT TO OTHER PEOPLE – The best word to express this idea is EQUIP. To (e)ncourage, to have (q)uality time, to have (u)nderstanding, to (i)nvest, to (p)hysically connect with our family and other people.
a. In encouragement – start building people up, plant the seeds of success to them, pour courage to them and encourage them to think, speak, try and to things without fear and sometimes, Your words could be the spark that ignites a raging inferno in someone else whose fire was about to extinguish.
b. In quality time - It may only take seconds of giving someone your full attention to make a positive impact. But what's important is that you don't create your own interruptions with things like a smartphone, a television show or anything else that will tempt you to temporarily check out.
c. In understanding - Showing understanding is not about right answers, solutions, opinions, advice, pity or pride. It is simply about acknowledging the feelings and emotions tied to a situation. Make a conscious effort today to put yourself in the shoes of other people.
d. In investing - We can give others our time, effort, treasure, knowledge and skill to name a few. And, to keep our relationships with others flourishing, we need to continually pour them in.
e. In Physically connecting – I would say hugs and high-fives, but since this disease prohibits that, we can still physically connect with others by actually doing the four mentioned above.

Don't let this disease and all the things that come with it numb us spiritually. Continue to be disciplined because God is not deaf, and He always listens.

Scripture Reading: Matthew 22:36-39, Matthew 6:17-18, Joshua 1:8, James 1:25, Romans 12:1

>>>>>>>>>>Life Group Discussion Questions:
1. What do you think is preventing you from really truly talking to God? How will you overcome it?

2. What are some effective and practical ways to connect to other people in this times of social distancing? How can you be still effective in reaching others for Jesus?