26

[previously on... after being together for 2 years, y/n and tom got married last chapter, they are 26 years old.]

♢the honeymoon

-your pov

3 weeks in the beautiful and sunny Bali, you and Tom have been on your romantic trip for almost 2 weeks. It has been a refreshing 14 days for you both, no stress no worries no bothers, at least until you began to feel ill, and started  throwing up in the mornings.

later on

You lie in the villa beds scrolling through your phone until you see a notification from your tracking app telling you to track your period. You go to fill it in until you realise- you haven't had a period for at least 5 weeks, you have just been assuming it was late, or a little irregular.

You continue with the honeymoon, trying to ignore the aching in your lower stomach. Tom notices something is up and he tries his best to comfort you,

'Hey, look, we can fly home if you want, I don't wanna be here if your not happy?' He rubs your back and and you blink before getting up and leaving the room. You quickly mumble telling Tom that you have to leave but he stands waiting at the door, telling you to stop.

You decide that the signs are too much, illness, period, craving and more.

You rush down the empty and sun-stained street until you see the small shop, you walk in and grab a few blue and pink boxes off of the stands, you also grab some chocolates for good measure. You pay the smiling man behind the counter and leave, you put the items in a small carrier bag and head to the toilet through the back door of your villa. You open the boxes and look at inside-there isq tests, pregnancy tests. 

You use all 3 and then wait for the results, you check the first on after a few minutes, your heart drops, a small coloured line develops on the stick, you bite your lip and check the next one, the same thing appears, it's faint but definitely there, you double check them all, they all say the same and they all mean the same, they mean positive.

You sit on top of the bathroom counter, staring at the floor, wondering what this all means.

You're pregnant?..

You hear shuffling at the door and jump up, you scramble up the tests put them in the bin and wash your hands, you open the door and try to act as calm as possible, Tom stares at you confusedly,

'You left, you good?' He smiles and looks at you,

'Just nipped to the shops to.. get you those chocolates!' You pause in the middle then point to the carrier bag, Tom laughs and thanks you.

You walk outside together and swim around in the pool, you still ignore the elephant in the room, probably because Tom has no idea. You place your hands on your belly, even though it's not grown yet, you felt like you could feel something.

FIVE DAYS LATER

You feel less ill now, but more dizzy, you hide it all from Tom, it hurts you to do but you don't know how to tell him. He's always said he wants kids- just as long as its a few years from now.

You lie on the blow-up bed floating slowly in the calm pool water, you hear Tom approaching slowly, with a much less upbeat attitude than usual.

'Hey babe, you alright?'

You say sheilding your arms from the sun, as you turn onto your stomach so you can see him, he stands in his swimming trunks with his hand on his chin,

'No, no not really, y/n,' He paces back and forth and his tongue traces along his lips, you clench your teeth nervously and slide off of your pool floatie into the water, you adjust your swim suit and sit beside the pool, waiting for Tom to speak,