18

[ previously | you are awake after long months in a coma, tom is discovering his hidden feelings for you but their is some tension in your friendship with him and harrison ]

-2 months after you woke up -
[toms house]
your pov—

You sat with Tom in front of the tv, it was dark and he had his arm resting on the sofa behind you. You sighed and looked up at him, ever since the accident and ever since you woke up, nothing felt the same, there was always a lingering sensation but you couldn't pinpoint it.
'You alright?' Tom said calmly,

'Me? Oh yeah, i'm fine, why wouldn't I be?' You say hastily, wondering if he somehow heard your thoughts,

'You're completely frozen up, I was just a little worried like any good friend,' Tom laughed gently and wrapped his arm round his shoulders, your heart skipped a beat and you rested your head on his shoulder, you pulled back immediately, something wasn't right.

'I'm going to the bathroom.' You jumped and darted down the hallway. You slammed the door behind you and leant over the sink basin. Sweat beaded on your forehead and you felt weak, something was pulling you down.

You leant even harder on the wall until you could barely hold yourself up, flashing lights clouded your vision and you heard your voice echoing as you saw Tom's hands on the car wheel. Your brain was re-living the crash, you felt your knees buckle and then as you looked to the blank ceiling all you could see was darkness.

Tom rapped on the door,
'Y/n! I heard a bang, what's happened are you ok!?' He desperately twisted the handle but it was locked.
'Hey, please open the door, let me help!' He knocked again and again, until he saw water leaking out from under the door,

'I'm getting this door open!' He rushed into the kitchen to get some tools, you lay unmoving on the floor, your eyes flickered open and you saw water from the sink gushing over, you mentally kicked yourself for turning the water on then, you panicked but you couldn't move! Your body lay in shock as the water began run all around you, it wasn't deep but it surrounded you because you were sprawled on the floor.

'Tom..!' You shouted weakly, he came rushing back with a screwdriver, he fiddled around with the lock until the door burst open, his face dropped and he fumbled with the sink until it turned off. He pulled you off the floor and held you close to his chest. He took you upstairs and you sat on his bed. What the hell happened to you? You shivered a little but he gave you a fresh shirt of his as you were soaking after lying in a puddle of water.

'Y/n.. you've been really off lately, you're not yourself, i'm worried it's because of the crash.' He gulped and sat next to you, you bit your lip nervously and looked at him in the eyes. You were about to speak until you saw little bubbles of water forming in eyes, he looked away and whispered,
'Do you blame me for it? I was driving, i.. I thought about it myself and I don't know if it's my fault but the guy was drunk and he just came out of nowhere and I didn't know I-' He held his face in his hands and tears poured down his cheeks, you grabbed his face and pulled him towards you,
'Tom, it's his fault, he will be arrested and he will serve his time, please don't blame yourself.. ever!' You held his hand but he stood up,
'Maybe if I was driving slower, or if we left earlier! None of this would've happened! I should've been looking, I-' Tom paced the room and you felt water floating down your face, you held onto his shoulder and made him turn and face you, he tried to avoid your gaze, but, you placed your hand on his cheek.

'You're my best friend Tom, I will never blame you for what happened, I remember it, the car came speeding round the corner, there was nothing you could do except try and get out of the way!'
Your voice broke and you could barely hold your composure, he looked down at you and tucked your hair behind your ear, you blushed and he did too.
'You're blushing, Tom..' You looked at his wide but tired eyes, he smiled,
'You're blushing too.' He cupped your face in his hands and your lips brushed together, you held him tight and he did the same, everything that day felt wrong, felt out of place, but this,

nothing was more right than this.