22

[previously on.. tom has been working in another  country for a month but comes back for a day to give y/n an amazing birthday suprise]

your pov

<the aiport>

Tom is acting really weird. You notice him giving you nervous glances and looking at his phone really suspiciously.

You just arrived at the airport, you carry one of Tom's suitcases, as you walk towards the entrance, your turn to him to ask,

'Have you got your tickets?' You wait for him to reply but he just stares at you blankly,

'Hey, Tom?' You roll your eyes as you see one or two paparazzi at the window, Tom blinks rapidly and takes a sharp breath,

'Yeah I got the tickets,' He says too calmly for comfort,

'I guess this is goodbye, then, to you're here now..' You say confusedly, as you take a step back, you thought he'd be more bothered that you weren't going see eachother for another month.

'Goodbye?' He double takes and his eyebrows knit together,
'Don't leave yet, please come and check the luggage in with me,' He looks at you with kind eyes and you nod as you both queue up.

After checking in the luggage, you look down sadly at the floor and Tom embraces you softly.

'I can't go any further, you have to leave,' You bite your lip and sigh, Tom smiles at you and reaches into his pocket.

You raise your eyebrows as he pulls out two boarding passes,

'What?..' You tilt your head sideways and Tom places one of the passes in your hand,

'Happy birthday, y/n.'

You squeal in delight and kiss him, you don't care who's watching, it's your birthday.

'Tom, I dont have luggage, or a passport!?' You say suddenly looking more panicked,

'Yes you do, Daniel and Alyssa made sure of it, I couldnt trust myself to pick nice clothes so I asked them,' Tom shrugged his shoulders and looked up at the ceiling.

'I love you, Tom. I love you so much.' You say as you kiss him again, running your hand through his hair. He laughs,

'I love you too.'

He picks up the small carry-on suitcase to take with you. You walk together and get through all the security and passport checks.

You arrive at the gate and finally figure out where your going after Tom kept it a secret, you see the large signs and realise the place is a dream summer holiday destination, the Maldives.

You arrive at the airport gate and Tom grabs your hand and you pass into the first-class line. You clasp your hand over your mouth and let out a silent scream, Tom laughs loudly at you and the other totally zen couples around us turn their heads away obnoxiously. You couldn't care less though- they weren't travelling with their celebrity bestfriend who is also their boyfriend.

--------------

on the plane

'You booked the first class pod things? OH MY-' You giggle in a whispering tone and you and Tom climb into the luxury airplane seating.

You shut the pod door and it feels like your in a small room, you look at Tom and you both burst out laughing, he is bemused by how you keep playing with the seats and the electric blanket.

It is a relaxing journey, you have a fancy meal and the views out of the windows are gorgeous, you put some airplane shots of the window and Tom on your story, laughing at how funny Tom looked sleeping, you set it as your phone background.

The flight was going to be a very long one so you snuggled down into your blanket and tried your best to go to sleep.

arriving

After 12 hours, the flight and first-class experience ends.

You land smoothly and suprisingly, and for once in your life you don't encounter any massive problems at the airport. Apart from a few flights being delayed and being slowed down a few minutes, everything was fine.

You exit the airport and feel the hot sun hit your skin, you have the baggage with you and immediately make your way over to the Uber you ordered, usually Tom would have security, but this trip is completely private, and to be fair there was only about two paparazzi and around a dozen fans you saw at the Maldives airport. It was much busier in the English airport but that's no suprise because its much more busy there.

You climb into the Uber, Tom close behind. You and replay the memories of today, you can feel the excitement bubbling in your stomach, although you're tired and the sky is light, you can't help but be happy.

The maldives is many hours ahead and you feel the jetlag hit you like a landside, its really early morning but according to your body clock, its midnight.

Tom looks at you groggily, he tries to smooth down his hair but it springs straight back up. You shake your head at him and laugh

the resort

You arrive and are greeted with bright, colourful drinks straight away. In sync you both take a sip and feel the burst of energy, for some reason Tom looks confused and nervous, you shove it off and think of it as travel anxiety but can't help thinking there is something going on.

---------

toms pov>

I am so nervous and confused, I feel the box in my pocket, the box that will alter my life forever.

Me and y/n, walk down the wood decking towards the grand entrance, our suitcases are being transported to our villa right now. I gulp, I didn't realise how amazing this place was, Daniel and Alyssa did most of the booking and wow, they did it well.

There is large crystal clear fountains with lush flowers climbing along the side, tall palm trees swaying gently in the cooling breeze, in the distance, I can see the beautiful huts where we are going to reside for the next 2 weeks, the whole resort is set on water and each villa has infinity pools and hammocks hanging right above the pale blue water.. I can't wait, I hope y/n is excited, after all I did this for her.

We enter the resort lobby and see a large and luxurious restaurant backing onto the sea, I see y/n with her mouth hanging open and I squeeze her shoulders, I look over at the manager and he nods at me,

I turn to face y/n, and she looks at me startled,

'Would you follow me, please?' I ask, trying to sound as confident as possible,

I hold her hand tightly, she starts to notice a small row of rose petals along the wooden floor, she lets my hand guide her along,

'Now, trust me and close your eyes,' I say as I keep walking slowly, until we exit out of the lobby's side doors. We cross a long bridge and we walk along into our villa, I see y/n still with her hand over her eyes and I guide her over to the balcony. It over looks the sea and all you can see is the sea, its secluded and it's the perfect getaway.

The sun is still rising and the sky is decorated with deep oranges and pinks, we stand in a circle of many roses and I take a small box out of my pocket, I open it and see it glittering in the sun, I look at the camera in front of us on the floor and I smile, I want this memory forever.

a/n

thanyou for everyone who reads this book, hope your enjoying a few wholesome chapters xx

sorry for this but i'd really appreciate if you follow my instagram, i make video edits.

@voidmxulti