13

previously
on..

[y/n had just ran outside of the interview rooms crying with Tom close behind. Rumour has it Tom's girlfriend, the one he chose over y/n all that time ago is now CHEATING! Also, y/n had chosen to go with Tom over Haz and it means bad news..]

3rd person pov (narrator)

Tom had seen y/n had left and he had bolted outside, she was crying and panicking heavily.

Their faces were inches apart as Tom comforted y/n, there was a spark of electric love and their lips collided, they passionately held eachother as sudden thunder clapped and rain began to fall around them. The sudden downpour startled them a little but they laughed it off. They held on a little longer to eachother, it felt so good but it was just so wrong.

What a cliche, a scandalous kiss in the rain.

The pair held the kiss for a few, short seconds more, and then pulled slowly apart, hair sticking to their face- shivering from the emerging storm.

'We can't do this Tom,' y/n sighed and took a step back blinking slowly.

Y/n's pov

You barely had a few seconds to process what just happened before your hand was grabbed and you were pulled inside and then into a dressing room type space.

'Shit, I didnt mean to kiss you, I- just, you were upset.' Tom looked into one of the tall lit up mirrors and ran his hand through his hair and then draped a towel over his face.

'It's ok, but, it's wrong, we cant do that again, I shouldn't have come, I should be with Harrison, he hates me now, he called me, thats why I was upset!!.' You say nervously as you wipe the mascara from beneath your eyes, no matter how damn good that kiss was, you couldnt do it, not to Harrison. You may never feel the way the same way for Haz as you do for Tom, but he was still your best mate.

'But you chose to come, you made the choice, why choose me over your date?' said Tom looking through the cupboards for some new, dry clothes,

'I don't know, I guess you mean alot to me!' You say as you sit down, your eyes glued to the floor.

'Thankyou, but still, Harrison was your date, Im just a mate!' He says looking straight at you,

'You're not "just a mate" Tom, I trust you with my life. But, regardless, we all made choices, Sophie made you choose. You chose her, right? Simple, I'm just a mate, so what does it matter!' Your voice broke slightly,

'Y/n.. dont do that, it's not like that.' He rubbed his hair as it was almost dry already,

'it is like that, Tom. You will always have top priority for me, best friends for life and shit, but that might not be the same for you.' You smile weakly with no actual happiness and look away,

'Yeah, but, Sophie is my girlf- Nevermind, y/n we are best friends, im not arguing with you right now!' He said, it took alot for him to stop arguing- given how stubborn he was.

'It is ok Tom I understand, how you feel.' You say rubbing your arm gently to calm yourself.

'Whatever. Let's not talk about it! Talk about Haz!' Tom said pacing about the little room.

'He said he doesnt want to see my lying-ass again until I confess my feelings for-' I stopped dead, and I felt the colour drip from my face, I almost told Tom I loved him. He paused and shuffled his feet,

'Finish the sentence then, love!' He said laughing politely,

'That was it! I got confused with words on the last part, that is all.' You nod your head and Tom laughs until he plonks himself next to you.

'H will forgive you, dont sweat it.' He said hugging me, 'Dont get upset, I dont like seeing you cry.'

You sigh quietly, Harrison knew the truth, he guessed you had feelings when he saw you drooling over him at the Holland Family bbq, you couldnt fully admit to yourself the feelings you felt for Tom but you for sure felt them and Harrison confirmed that. You hoped Haz wouldn't stay mad forever, you decided you would text him later and visit him when you got back.

'Nevermind, about me, Ill sort it with Harrison.. Im sure! Talk to Sophie, she might not be so chill as Haz!' You say sitting forward on the sofa.

'Just a second. I need to know, we just kissed right, what does that mean, are we forgetting it, like i basically cheated on my girlfriend!?' He shrugged his shoulders awkwardly as he jumped up and began to pace again, you pulled him back down snd said calmly,

'Tom, we can forget and move on, whatever you want, but you need to speak to your girlfriend about cheating on you with MULTIPLE GUYS in one week, you've seen the news, seriously you need to learn the truth!' You sigh, fuck, you hated Sophie. How dare she hurt the poor guy like that, while he's out here worrying about one little kiss.

You were probably going to be thinking about that kiss for a while but still, it was just one kiss. In the rain, all nice and good.

Just a kiss?

Yeah. Yeah. Yes.

just one kiss.

its not like it meant anything?

he isnt saying he loves you.

it was all mistake.

but, damn, you wished he would say he loved you.

a/n

this part was originally longer but i cut it down becuase no one wants to read a whole book in one chapter lmao.

pleaze vote and comment i need feedback now 😊

.