Chapter 5 "Damn shes fast"

••••••••
~Dustin's POV~

I woke up with the guys jumping and yelling in my ear.

"Dude,it's six o'clock and you still have to get ready and finish packing. Then you gotta pick up Danielle at seven." 'Shit'

I jumped out of bed and got dressed. I put on my jersey, pants and boots and ran outside. I grabbed my helmet and helmet bag and threw my gloves in the side pocket.

Tyler and Jase grabbed the ramps and placed them on the back of my truck. I drove my fourwheeler up and parked it in the bed. I threw the ramps in the bed and backed the truck up and hitched the box trailer on. We all pulled out at the same time heading to Danielle's.

My dad was already at the track when we got their with the canopy set up. Everybody unloaded their gear. Danielle was trying to help when she could but I noticed her often zoning out.

After we got everything unpacked I snuck away for a minute.

"Yo Jack come here for a bit." He walked over to me and I pulled out my phone. "Would you be able to distract Danielle for a minute. She nervous as all get out and she biting her lip the only thing that she does when she's fraking out. I just need to call Maddy and have her call Danielle and calm her down a little bit." He nodded his head and grabbed Tyler and walked over to Danielle.

I saw jack put a thumbs up behind his back to signal that I could go. It's one of our many signals that we created to mean different things.

I walked behind some trees so I was out of view. I called Maddy and she answered on the third ring.

"Dustin what's wrong." Maddy was almost freakin out.

"Woah Maddy nothing's wrong but I do need you to call Danielle and calm her down she getting nervous and she's biting her lip. Would you be able to try and talk to her." I kicked a stick and was praying that this would work.

"Yea I can do that. So just call her after I'm done talking to you."

"Yes please thank you." I hung up the phone and walked back to the trucks. Danielle was talking to somebody on the phone with her arms around here another sign that she was nervous.

She walked away while she was talking on the phone and I walked over to the guys and my dad. Jack and Tyler looked at me.

"How's she doing?" They asked me and as if it was on que everybody turned and looked at Danielle.

"She's nervous as hell and I think it's the racing part because she don't know what to do. I think when she learns more stuff like techniques she will become less nervous. And with the more we practice the better she'll get." She hung up the phone unfolded her arms and smiled.

She started to walk over to us. With a huge smile on her face. Her walk was filled with confidence with every step she took. I turned to Jack.

"Do you have those extra pants and boots for Danielle." He nodded his head and ran over to his truck. He came back with them in his hands and he handed them to me. Danielle walked over and I motioned for her to follow me.

We stopped at the trailer and I opened the door and pushed my moms fourwheeler out. I turned on the light.

"You'll have to change in here. I'm sorry it's no fancy dressing room." She smiled.

"It's fine." She walked up into the trailer and I shut the door.

I heard her knock so I opened the door she walked out pulling her hair into a loose pony tail with a huge smile on her lips. Danm she looked so good in racing gear. I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her I placed a long slow kiss on her lips.