Chapter 2 Hospital and truck beds

When Maddy and I arrived at the field Ty and the guys were working on getting everything set up before the sun set over the trees. In about an hour the now empty field will be packed with drunk and sweaty bodies, dancing around the bonfire.

Ty and the guys bought there own beer while my mom was being awesome and grabbed Maddy and I, two six packs of Mike's Hard Lemonade that was now chilling in a cooler full of ice in the back of my Jeep. Beer was ok we just preferred something fruity instead of the stale taste that beer left in your mouth.

The hour passed by quickly while we helped the guys get the speakers set up and everything else before the crowd started to show up. People piled out of their vehicles hands full with coolers or a drink stuffed in a coozie. The music started and people rushed to around the bonfire to start dancing. Maddy and I made our way over as the heat from the fire felt good on our skin. It was still summer so the night wouldn't get to cold but that didn't stop people from wearing shorts and tank tops. The jackets would have to be brought out later in the night.

Lenny Cooper's song Rodeo made its way out of the speakers, making the girls go crazy and getting out some of the dance moves that will easily catch a guys attention. I shook my hips side to side along to the beat of the song. Maddy and I sang right along to the lyrics until I felt a pair of hands grip onto my waist so I turned around to see Dustin smirking down at me. I noticed Maddy get swept away from a guy in our class so I put my attention on Dustin and wrapped my arms around his neck. The two of us laughed as we danced along to the sexual song playing out of the speakers.

"Wow, the cowboy's got some moves." A big grin crossed Dustin's face and my eyes scanned over his body. He was wearing a different outfit than at school. The blue flannel stayed open in the front showing off a white undershirt along with his jeans and boots. With the same baseball cap topping everything off. The fire danced around in Dustin's eyes making them a lighter blue than before.

I continued to sway my hips to the beat of the music and I could feel Dustin take it all in. Dustin pulled my hand over my head making me spin around before I landed back in his loose embrace. We weren't entirely close that we were stepping over each other but we weren't two planets away either.

"I think this cowgirl has some moves also." I felt heat spread across my cheeks but I just let it go when Rodeo ended and Crazy Girl by Eli Young Band seeped out of the speakers making everybody find a partner to dance with. "Care to dance with me?" I grabbed Dustin's hand that he held out and he pulled me closer to his body. Due to being closer I could smell the body wash that he used in the shower, and let me tell you it smelled good.

We swayed to the music letting ourselves get lost in the moment that we had together. The song ended to soon and I was out of Mike's. When we had pulled apart Dustin's eyes roamed down to my shirt and a grin grew on his face.

"How about you and I go on that date?" My head nodded on its own accord and I slipped my phone out of my pocket sending a text to Maddy I was leaving. Dustin and I were walking where his truck was parked when I remembered something.

"Wait. Can I show you something?" Dustin's smile answered my question and I grabbed his hand and pulled him toward my Jeep before we go where I wanted to go. When we reached my Jeep I quickly grabbed a Mike's and switched it out the empty bottle in my coozie.

"So where are you taking me?" I gave Dustin a wink before grabbing his hand and pulling him back toward the party but that's not where I wanted to go. We bypassed all the grinding bodies to get to the edge of the woods where I made sure nobody was looking before I pulled Dustin into the edge of the trees behind me.

Dustin was quiet as we walked the only thing that could be heard was the fading sound of the party and the sound of leaves crunching under our feet. When we had neared the tree house I made sure the boards were sturdy before I stepped on them and began the climb. When my feet were planted onto the floorboards of the house I poked my head over the square cut out of the floor boards and looked down at Dustin.