Chapter 15 Teams and surprise camping

Chapter 15
••••••••••

~Danielle's POV~

The day's flew by really fast just like me on my quad.

The guys yelled and cheered me on when I passed the finish line. They surrounded Mike and looked at the stopwatch in his hand.

I pulled over to the side and shut my quad off and walked over. Everybody turned to me and smiled.

"Congrats Danielle on your new fastest time. I think yor ready to race." I got the biggest smile ever. Racing season is just right around the corner.

For the past five months I have been training my ass off from actually riding to working out in gyms.

Dustin and Jason walked over to me and lifted me up on their shoulders.

"Guys put me down." I was still smiling when they carried me over to a clearing in front of a Honda Racing sign and lifted me down to the ground. Maddy and I were told to stay here and all the guys disappeared. I looked at Maddy in confusion.

Angie, my mom, Maddys mom and our family's appeared from behind the trucks. They walked over to us with cameras in their hands.

Once they were close enough to talk to I asked them what was going on but I didn't get an answer.

The guys and Mike walked out from behind the box trailer wearing the same shirts. Dustin and Jack were carrying a black box in their hands.

Maddy and I stayed in our spot like we were told until they walked up to us. They handed us the boxes and Maddy and I looked at each other. Jason was carrying a roll of something but I don't know what it was.

We removed the top and looked down inside. The shirt said Backwoods Racers and had a fourwheeler design. I pulled it out of the box and held it up.

I flipped to the backside of the shirt and read it. I immediately got a smile on my face. On the back it read HAYES 614.

Maddy turned hers around it read MECHANIC in bold letters. I looked at my mom and Angie and they motioned us to put them on. So we pulled them over our heads while they tried to get the right lighting for the pictures.

"Congrats Danielle and Maddy for making the team." Mike clapped his hands together and soon everybody started.

The guys smiled and stood next to us in a line. We took many pictures like all of us in a line showing our faces then a couple with our backs turned showing our numbers.

Maddy and I got some then Dustin and I then Maddy and Jack took some pictures.

When we were done Dustin was taking me on a date to celebrate our six month anniversary which happened to be today.

We walked back to our vehicles. Well actually I didn't walk Dustin gave me a piggy back ride to his truck.

He set me on the ground and stole a kiss.

"Do you want me to take you home so you could get ready." I looked down at my gear and shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't think so but what are we doing." He smiled and grabbed a flower from his truck and tucked it behind my ear.

"Somewhere simple you can wear that if you want to." I nodded my head and walked over to my quad to pull it up in the bed of Dustins truck.

I pulled my quad up the ramps and parked it. Then I took a ratchet strap and set it in place so it didn't move.

Dustin shut the door on the box trailer and walked over to Jason which he handed Dustin the roll of something.

I walked over to Maddy and gave her a hug.