Chapter 18 Race nerves

Chapter 18

~Danielle's POV~

The looks on the guys faces when Maddy pulled up in her truck was hilarious. They really thougt she picked up Dustins fourwheeler. Shes strong but not that strong.

I was on the last lap with Jason behind me. I turned right but was passed by Jason. A branch was threw up by his back tire and came for my face. Natural instincts I turned my head even though my helmet and googles would have blocked it.

A stick with thorns got caught in my cheek where my googles didn't cover. I already felt the blood rolling down my face by the time I pulled in the canopy.

Jason was already apologizing while I was climbing off my quad. I told him that it was ok and tried to remove the branch. Jason tried to help but Dustin finished and pulled in.

"Danielle what happened." I removed my googles and dustin tried to get thorns from the sides of the helmet so I could take it off.

"Jason passed me and his back tire kicked up a stick and hit me in the face. I'm fine so don't worry." He said ok and pulled the helemt off my head.

Jason ran to get a first aid kit. When he came back Dustin cleaned my face up and put a bandage over the cut.

If I didn't have my googles on it would have hit my eye. Good thing I was wearing them.

Time flew by and I was packing for my first race. All my gear came in so I was actually wearing my own things. I loved my white and blue helmet it even matched my jersey and pants.

Their was a knock on the door and I yelled for them to come in. Dustin walked in my room with his gear on. He carried his black fox racing hat in his hand. He looked sad and uncertain. Before I got to ask him what was wrong he said it.

"Danielle im scared that you might be messed around with or be told that you can't do what the team has seen. I just want to protect you." Maddy walked in the door behind him. "So we're going to hide your hair and no makeup until your ready." I nodded my head and sat on my computer chair letting Maddy do her work hiding my hair.

She finished it with Dustins fox racing hat. I looked at myself in the mirror. I couldn't tell that it was me but that's the whole point of it.

"Wait what about when I put my helmet on." Dustin thought about it. "And my name and also what about my voice." I was nervous maybe that's why I keep babbling on and on.

"You can take your helmet on and off in the box trailer and just switch with the hat. The guys know about the plan and the easiest name is Danny since its close to Danielle. But just when you talk just talk to us or don't talk. I promise this won't last long." I nodded my head and prepared myself.

We walked out the door and jumped up in Dustins truck. For some reason seeing my quad loaded in the bed of his truck made my stomach drop. I got to say it looks so much better with the teams graphics on the plastic than just plain red.

Dustin must have noticed my condition and squeezed my hand. He shifted gears and pulled out of my driveway.

I was nervous as hell no doubt about that. At least we practiced on this track so I somewhat know how it is.

We pulled into a semi packed field and parked the truck and box trailer next to the teams vehicles.

"We're a little early but theirs going to be a lot more people." My stomach dropped down to the ground again.

I was really nervous about how this plan was going to work out I just hope I don't screw up.

I'm really glad that Dustins just protecting me and I love him for that.