Chapter 1

The wind blew my hair around like some crazy tornado was making its way to though my Jeep. It was a little to early to have the top down on my car but I didn't care the sun felt to good not to savor it. I know if my mother saw me she would be yelling at me to put the top back up on my  Jeep.

The sound of a rough and manly voice of a country singer made its way through my speakers my thumbs tapping along to the beat.

Pulling up to the school parking lot I parked my car and snuck a quick peek at the weather to see if I needed to pull the top up on my Jeep. Sadly there was a small chance of rain so I covered my car up with the help of my friend.

"Thanks Ty. Hey I needed to talk to you." He looked up at me and I gave him the most serious face I could muster. Worry set in his eyes and I couldn't handle it much longer. I broke into a wide grin and he just shook his head.

"You know how to give a guy a heart attack you know that right? Where's Maddy at?" Our eyes searched for the missing friend of our group when I saw her maroon truck pull into the parking lot. After the three of us got together we piled into the over crowded halls of our high school. 

"Danielle did you hear?" I looked at Maddy and shook my head no. "Rumor has it that we are getting a new student."

"But how many of times do we get told that." I told Maddy.

"I really think it's true this time. Five dollars that we get a new student." Maddy held her hand out and I shook it. We headed to lunch together and just like I had told Maddy it was a no show with the "new guy".

•••

The rest of the week had gone by with more rumors and I honestly started to believe them. Normally the rumors would die down by now but they were getting worse. Even if we get a new student it's not something special. Every time we get a new student they are nerdy and sometimes really weird.

It must be this high school. So I really wasn't holding my breath even though some of the rumors was that he was "pretty damn hot".

I pulled my Jeep into the parking lot and got out wrapping my camouflage jacket around me tighter. For some reason this morning was more cold than normal. Maddy and Ty walked over to me with grins on all of our faces when we saw each other outfits. Count on the three musketeers to match outfits.

We all had a camouflage jacket on with jeans as pants and a pair of boots to finish the outfit. Maddy and I even curled our hair without knowing what the other was doing.

Noticeable to the human eye but hidden from white tailed deer was the way I liked it.

The three of us headed inside and before we walked inside I forgot something in my car and I ran back to get it. My boots smacking against the concrete.

When I was grabbing my paper out from my passenger side floorboard I heard a roar behind me. I stood up from grabbing my homework to see a big black truck park beside me. I was really impressed by this guys truck.

Maybe we are getting a new guy I thought. I've never seen that truck before. The beast of a truck shut off and the drivers side door opened and a pair of boots and dark jeans made their way out of the cab. I couldn't see the guys face because the windows had a sight tint to them but it didn't take long before the guy jumped down from the cab. His face shielded by the bill of his cap.

The guys body was covered in a red flannel that hugged the muscles in his arms. How the shirt didn't rip at the guys muscle mass confused me. This guy was definitely from the country. The bill of his cap lifted up and I was greeted with stunning blue eyes and a perfect white smile.