Chapter 10 Riding Angry

Chapter 10

••••••••••
~Danielle's POV~

The week dreaded on and on and it was only Wednesday. I meet Maddy and Dustin at school.

I climbed out of my jeep half asleep from sitting their waiting on them to show up.

Dustin walked up to me and wrapped me in a hug. I heard him chuckle. I looked up at him.

"Somebody didn't get any sleep last night." I shook my head no and rested my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me again and I heard the bell.

I groaned and we walked into the mass of students at my school.

Fourth period finally rolled around and I was felling better. Dustin kissed me on the forehead when I walked into the room.

I sat in my seat and laid my head down.

"No sleeping in art class." I knew she was kidding.

"But Mrs. Allen." I looked up at her standing in front of me.

"No buts and do your work." She pushed a piece of paper in front of me. I sighed and started my daily sketch.

Dustin and Maddy sat on both sides of me. Dustin rubbed my back and I leaned into his chest. He kissed my fourhead and I started doing my work.

"Today we will be doing colored pencil. And no we are not using Crayola we are using Prismacolor pencils and colorless blenders." Mrs. Allen showed us a video of people coloring things.

I grabbed a piece of cardstock and printed a picture. We were allowed to trace our designs this time. I headed back to my seat and I started drawing.

"Hey Danielle." I looked at Maddy. "Would you be able to come out to my house tonight and work on my truck with me." I shook my head and smiled.

When ever she asks this we usually dance to music and have a good time but we still get the work done. Dustin looked at us confused and we both smiled.

It was the end of the day when I kissed Dustin goodbye and climbed into my jeep. We headed towards Maddys house.

Maddy gotten a hammy down truck but it's fairly new but it just needs a little love and care.

I walked right over to Maddys stereo in the garage and turned some country music on.

We worked on her truck like changing the oil and cleaning the spark plugs and little things.

Maddy always finds a way to get grease all over her. I was on my phone and she was leaning over the motor tightening a bolt when I took a picture.

She had grease up and down her arms and some on her face. She looked like a professional. I sent the picture to Jack and it wasn't long before I got a reply.

Jack: damn that's nice thanks Danielle now I can mess around with her about this ;)

I quickly replied and laughed. Maddy looked at me and I shook my head no.

We finished working on her truck and we got her to start after replacing the battery and other things.

We headed into Maddys room which was decorated like a garage. Maddy wants to be a mechanic and has basically devoted her whole life to it.

She's already in an auto mechanics class at school and she's doing some college online courses so she will only have to go to campus for a year. She's going to Universal Technical Institute for training for quads, atv, and all that.