Ch.1 The Great Escape

*We'll scream loud at the top

       of our lungs

And they'll think it's just

    cause we're young

And we'll feel so alive*

                     -Boys Like Girls *The Great Escape*

Chapter 1                      

I wake up suddenly, cutting my dream off before it gets to the end. It doesn’t matter, though, because I already now what happens next. It is the same dream I have been having for years. The one that is based on an actual memory of Wesley and Dace, the time I got my first kiss. I don’t know why this memory now plays itself in my dreams every night, but I don‘t mind so much.

The only thing about the dream that bothers me is that all of it isn’t true. Wesley wasn’t the cold one. He wasn’t the one that always used to drive me insane with just a single word, that was Dace. And the boy that used to watch movies with me and do whatever I asked had always been Wesley. Dace would never give in to that stuff no matter how much I had begged him. I don’t get why their personalities are switched, but I don’t think about it too much. It’s only a dream after all.

I roll over in my bed, burying my head into my pillow. I don’t know what time it is, but it feels way to early to be awake. I don’t even know what woke me up in the first place. I’m a deep sleeper so there must have been something. Or someone.

I find out who a moment later when I feel my bed dip. I flip over to see my boyfriend and little brother standing on the edge of my bed. As I glare at them they start jumping up and down, causing me to rock back and forth. It feels like I’m on a boat or something. That would be okay and all if I didn’t get terribly seasick.

“Wesley!” I shout and chuck my pillow at his head. He dodges it and sticks his tongue out at me.

“What? It was your brother’s idea,” he tells me.

“Dude, really?” my brother asks and smacks Wesley on the head. I know if I don’t do something they will end up in a wrestling match like every other day.

“Both of you, shut up!” I yell and they both turn their gazes back down to me. “What’s going on?”

“What do you mean?” my brother, Keaton, asks.

“I mean, there better be a fire or an alien invasion if you are waking me up.”

“Sorry, babe. No alien invasion. Just our 15th annual surprise vacation,” Wes grins and suddenly I’m wide awake.

“Do we know where we are going yet?” I question and they both shake their heads.

“Mom, won’t say a word,” Wesley tells me and I groan.

“Keaton, did you try the puppy dog eyes? You know they always work on Mads.”

“I tried for five minutes straight and it didn’t get me anywhere,” he replies and then proceeds to give me the look. I start to squirm under the look of pure cuteness.

“Stop! I’ll give you whatever you want! Just stop with the torture,” I shout and everyone starts laughing. “Help me up, guys.”

They both hold out a hand and I place one of my hands into each of theirs. They both lift at the same time and I would have gone flying across the room, except Wesley wrapped his arms around me before I fell off of the bed. All three of us stand on my bed a moment, with grins of equal excitement.