Ch. 6 Whatcha Say

*Now I know I should have treated you better,

but me and you were meant to last forever*

                                                              -Whatcha Say *Jason Derulo*

Chapter 6

The aching in my chest refused to go away. I was beginning to think I was having a heart attack or something, but since that seems kind of unlikely the pain is probably just my heart shattering into a million tiny pieces, maybe more. You can’t really be certain about these types of things. Strangely enough I’d almost prefer the heart attack.

I have no idea how much time has passed since I have been sitting outside in the dark, leaning against some strangers house where no one else can see me. It feels like forever, but when every second is more painful than the last time does seem to drag out more than usual.

Wesley cheated on me. I keep repeating this to myself over and over, but I still find it completely unbelievable. There is no way the boy I have been with for so many years would do something like that to me. He loves me and I love him so much that the thought of losing him causes me actual pain. I thought I never had to worry about it. I just assumed we would always be together, I mean we have already been together so long I just kind of figured we always would be. He is the only place I want to be.

I am in complete denial. Even though I saw it with my own eyes, I just can’t seem to accept that my sweet Wesley would ever do something like that to me. Maybe there is some kind of explanation or something. Maybe she kissed him and he was just about to push her away before I came in! But that doesn’t make sense because why would he be alone in a bedroom with another girl anyway?

Tears leak out of the corners of my eyes and I squeeze them shut, already sick of crying. How could he possibly do this to me? I trusted him so much that the thought of him with another girl never even crossed my mind. He had always been mine and only mine. I never wanted anyone else, so why did he? What did I do to make him not want me anymore? Thoughts like this were going to drive me insane.

After wallowing in self pity for who knows how long, I finally drag myself off of the sandy ground. I feel strangely numb as I walk back towards our little cottage. When I finally reach it I can see that all the lights are still on, which means I’m going to have to deal with Mads and whoever else is up. For some reason it never even crosses my mind that Wesley might be here until I’m already walking through the door.

“Ivy!” Mads exclaims as I shuffle inside. I duck my head to avoid her eyes. I don’t want her to see that I had been crying. “Where have you been?”

By the worried tone in her voice I began to realize that I was probably a lot later then I thought. She has probably been up for awhile wondering where I was, which just makes me feel even more terrible.

“Nowhere,” I mumble sullenly. I really just want to be alone.

“I’ve been worried sick, Ivy! No one knew what happened to you!” she says and I drop my head even lower.

“I’m sorry. Can we talk about this tomorrow, please? I really just want to go to bed,” I reply softly.

“No, you will tell me where you have been right now!” she says angrily and I finally lift my head to look at her. She gasps when she sees my puffy, red eyes. “What happened?”

“Nothing…I just, I really want to go to bed, okay?” I tell her and she looks at me in concern.

“Ivy. I…,” she protests, but I cut her off.