Ch. 5 Want U Back

*I broke it off

thinking you'd be cryin'

Now i feel like sh*t

Looking at you flyin' *

                              -Cher Lloyd *Want U Back*

Chapter 5

Music blasts loudly from a set of speakers, making my head pound. I really would rather be anywhere than at this party that Wesley convinced me to go to, but I’m stuck here now and might as well make the most of it.

“Ivy!” a voice shouts and I turn to see Maya pushing her way through a throng of people to get to where I am.

“Hey, Maya,” I say when she reaches me.

“Don’t tell me you came here alone. Where is that gorgeous boyfriend of yours?” she asks, tilting her head to the side curiously.

“Oh, he is here somewhere,” I reply with a shrug. “He ran into some guys he met on the beach the other day.”

“And he left you here by yourself?” she asks, arching an eyebrow.

“Yeah, but I’m sure he will be back soon,” I say, a little defensively. It seemed kind of like she was judging Wes for leaving me alone. I mean, it’s not like he has to be with me at all times. Maybe I was feeling kind of lonely since I don’t really know anyone here, but that’s not his fault.

“Oh my gosh!” Maya shrieks, distracted by something she sees behind me. I turn around expected someone to be fighting or something really serious going on because of the look on her face, but instead I don’t see anything other than a bunch of people.

“What?” I question when she continues to stare, wide-eyed, at something behind me.

“Do you see that boy?” she says and points to a tall blonde that has his arm slung around some girl’s shoulder.

“Mhm,” I reply, not sure why this is a reason to be freaked out the way she is.

“That’s my ex,” she whispers to me, leaning in like she doesn’t want anyone else to hear.

“Ooh, how long ago did he break up with you?” I ask as she continues sending glares at the girl next to her ex-boyfriend.

“Excuse me? I broke up with him!” she tells me indignantly and I give her a weird look.

“Then why do you care that he is here with someone else?” I ask, completely confused.

“Because! He is supposed to be upset about losing me and trying to get me back! He is most certainly not supposed to move onto some other girl, who is not even half as pretty as me,” she sniffs and I try not to laugh. She is kind of crazy, but somehow that just makes it even easier to like her.

“Well, maybe he is only here with her because he wanted to make you jealous,” I tell her and she tears her gaze from the girl to give me a surprised look.

“Why would you think that?” she demands, looking hopeful.

“Well, he keeps looking over here at you. I’m pretty sure he is trying to see if you are paying attention to him or not,” I explain.

“He is looking at me?” she wonders, not looking convinced.

“Very obviously. Look, he is doing it right now!”

“Nuh-uh!” she exclaims and turns to see him watching her. When he realizes she caught him he goes to look away, but not before she gives him a flirty wave.