Ch.8 Just Give Me A Reason

*Just give me a reason

Just a little bit's enough

Just a second, we're not broken just bent

and we could learn to love again*

                                                  -Just give me a reason *Pink ft. Nate Ruess*

Chapter 8

“Stop!” I shriek, but no one pays attention. The second that Dace punched Wesley I knew that it wasn’t going to end well. They are brothers after all and there is no way Wesley was letting him get away with that.

Everything happened so fast that I’m not sure who knocked who to the ground, but they are now rolling around trying to get the advantage. I’m so shocked that I don’t know what to do. There is no way I will be able to break them up on my own.

“Keaton, help me!” I tell him and he looks at me doubtfully.

“He deserves it,” Keaton replies, looking almost like he wants to hit Wesley himself. I roll my eyes at his idiocy and step forward to try to stop the two brothers from killing each other. I haven’t seen them fight like this in years and I’m terrified that one will seriously hurt the other. I will feel horribly guilty since I’m the reason for it in the first place.

“Wesley, stop!” I demand and try to squeeze myself in between them, so that they will stop. This doesn’t work at all and actually turns out to be a very stupid thing to do. I’m not sure which one or if it was both of them, but somehow I get knocked to the side and into an end table. My forehead slams into the corner of it and I slide to the ground seeing stars behind my eyes.

“Ivy!” someone shouts and I turn to see all three boys looking at me with a mix of guilt and concern, fight completely forgotten.

“Holy shit. That looks bad,” Wesley says and I squint at him in confusion.

“I just hit my head. I’m fine,” I reply and rise a little shakily to my feet.

“No, you’re not. I think you’re gonna need stitches,” Keaton tells me.

“What are you talking about. It’s fine,” I insist stubbornly. Then I raise my hand to my stinging forehead and pull it away to see my fingers stained with blood. I immediately get woozy just at the sight of it. Blood disgusts me and I have a small problem with fainting whenever I see it.

“Wesley go get the car,” Dace tells him and he nods before darting out the front door. It doesn’t seem to matter that just a second ago they were trying to kill one another, the only thing either of them seems to be concerned with now is me.

“Guys, relax. I’m sure it’s not that bad,” I mumble, swaying from side to side a little. Wesley and Keaton exchange a glance at this, which kind of worries me that it might be worse than I think.

“You’re right. We’re probably just overreacting, but we’re still taking you to the hospital to get it looked at,” Dace says. This makes me curious to see just how bad it looks if he is ready to bring me to the hospital over it and so I walk over to a mirror hung on the wall.

“I really don’t think that…,” I trail off as I see my reflection in the mirror. The cut on my forehead is gushing blood. For someone like me, who freaks out over teeny tiny paper cuts, seeing the blood makes my head start to spin. I feel all the color drain from my face as I fight back nausea.

I can tell that I’m about to pass out by the whooshing sound that is suddenly ringing in my ears. Dace must see realize this because he is already moving before I even begin to fall. I collapse into his arms and he scoops me up, holding me tightly. He must have remembered about my fear of blood.