Ch. 2 Weightless

* I wanna be laughed at

laughed with, just because..

I wanna feel weightless

and that should be enough *

                         -All Time Low  *Weightless*

Chapter 2

“WEEE ARE NEVER EVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER!” Wesley shout slash sings at the top of his lungs.

I clamp my hands over my ears, trying to block out the terrible sound. Wes isn’t actually that bad of a singer normally, but he is being completely obnoxious on purpose right now just to annoy his brother. Normally I would have told him to knock it off by now, but this car ride seems like it is going on forever and it is super boring. At least Wesley is providing entertainment for everyone. Even if it is really really bad.

“You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me, but WEEEE,” Wesley continues singing and Dace continues to ignore him.

Dace has been sitting in the front, purposely avoiding turning around to look at Wes. He doesn’t want to admit that it is annoying him because that’s exactly what Wesley wants. Dace is about to break, though, I can tell. Especially after Keaton and I join in on the obnoxious singing. What can I say, I couldn’t help myself.

“Are never ever ever getting back together!” Keaton, Wesley, and I sing, completely off-key. It’s funny because Keaton refuses to sing ever, but I guess being in a car this long has broken even him.

Suddenly the song that was blaring from the speakers goes silent. We all stop singing at different times and turn to stare at Dace who still has a finger pressed to the power button on the radio.

“What? You couldn’t take our amazing singing?” Wes laughs, loving the fact that he can get to Dace.

They have had some sort of rivalry going for as long as I can remember. One is always trying to outshine the other, which means they are constantly trying to annoy and embarrass each other. They basically act like they hate each other for the most part, but for someone like me who has known them their whole lives it is obvious how much they care about each other.

“No, I thought your singing was great, especially yours Ivy,” Dace replies with a smirk directed at me.

That is his way of saying that I should have just stayed out of it. Totally unfair if you ask me since Keaton did just as much as me, but I’m the only one that gets the smirk and offhand comments. Maybe it’s because Dace knows that Keaton would practically do anything for him. I don’t know why, but my brother admires Dace more than anyone. He is good friends with Wesley, but it’s not like whatever he has with Dace. Me, on the other hand, am dating Wesley which I guess makes me an enemy in all arguments since I will probably take his side.

“Like you could do any better!” I retort, crossing my arms over my chest. Probably not the best thing to say since he is actually a really amazing singer. He used to be in a band awhile ago, but he says he is over that stuff now. I thought it was the stupidest thing ever when he gave it all up. I couldn’t understand why he would stop something that he obviously loves.

“Enough, all of you! All of your arguing and terrible singing is going to make me get into an accident,” Mads complains.

“Sorry,” we all mutter.

“We’ll be there in a few more hours, so just hold on until then,” she says and I exchange a look of pain with Wes when I hear her say the words a few more hours. I can’t stay in this car any longer or I’m going to go insane!