Marry Me

One year ago I was holding on to nearly nothing. One year ago I would've laughed if you told me I'd get better, I'd want to get better.

One year ago I met Kellin Quinn.

"Shit, sorry man!"

The first words he said to me, Shit sorry man.

I'd seen him around, heard stories about him hooking up with nearly every guy. Did I care? Not at all. Did I think I'd ask him to marry me in a year? Absolutely not. But who knows that the person they're talking to will be the person they marry in however long?

One year ago I was so comfortable in the hole I dug for myself. Most people ask what they are without it, that depression and pain. I know what I'd be, I'd be happy, okay. But happy didn't seem so good anymore.

But around Kellin I was unbelievably happy. I realized just how addicting that feeling is, how addicting Kellin is.

I want to be okay.

And I am, I think. At least I'm getting there. Am I still a mess from time to time? Absolutely. But do I do nothing about it, and fall back into unhealthy habits? No, I don't.

All thanks to the boy sitting next to me.

No, man. One year ago I would've said he was a boy. Still immature and horny, but now he's changed. We changed each other, I guess.

Fuck, he was so beautiful. I couldn't stop thinking about how perfect he was. I was, no doubt, in love with him. Head over heels, madly, in love with him. I was scared he didn't feel the same way, I would for awhile, but I had him right next to me and that was all I needed.

"Where are we going babe?" Kellin asked me.

"You'll see," I responded. The same thing as I had the last three times he asked. Kellin pouted, but leaned over and kissed my cheek.

I continued driving until we reached a familiar beach. I heard Kellin's small gasp.

"This was where we first kissed..," he mumbled.

I grinned, wide and toothy. "Yep. Come on." I dragged him out of the car and down the steps onto the sandy floor.

The sun was setting, just like it had our first time there. It was a bit windy, but I enjoyed it.

I kicked my shoes off, Kellin doing the same, while we walked along the shore. It was exactly like before, except we were sober and I knew how it would end.

"Hey." I grabbed Kellin's arm and spun him around. The wind blew his hair into his eyes, but he was smiling at me with adoration.

He giggled. "What?"

I pushed any ounce of nervousness away. I was gonna do this, I wouldn't back out.

"One year ago you ran into me at a party, you forced me to befriend you, you tried to fix me, you kissed me and you broke my heart, you made me want to live," I said softly.

"You've seen me at my weakest. You've picked up the pieces, you've fixed me. I love you."

I got down on my knee and grabbed the small black box. Kellin gasped and froze.

"So yeah, Kellin Quinn, will you marry me?"

He didn't respond at first, letting the fear sink in. Until tears started falling. I stood to apologize, to wipe them away and go home, but he grabbed my hand and kissed me.

"You beat me to it," he muttered, pulling out a small box of his own. "But yes, I'll marry your cute ass."

~_~_~_~

Im giggling like a bitch and im about to cry this was so fun to write I'm wheezing

One more chapter~

sEvEn iN ThE mOrNInG wAnNa lIsTeN tO BrITnEy