House of Memories

He woke up to a rock hitting his window. Looking over, he saw his best friend, Ronnie, standing by his house with a pile of tiny rocks waiting patiently.

Tiredly, Vic opened his window. "Aw, Ronnie, you gonna ask me out to prom? Sorry man, got my eyes set on some other chick; you can go next door and ask Larry though."

Ronnie gagged, sticking his finger in his mouth. "Shut up and get your ass down here already."

Vic giggled but complied, climbing through the window and jumping off to land on the damp ground.

"So whose party is this?" Vic asked as they began walking.

Ronnie smirked, glancing at Vic. "Lila's."

Vic nearly stopped. "Y-You- We're going to Lila's party? Like- Lila Flour's party?"

"Yep; that's the one," Ronnie said all to calmly for Vic's preference.

"W- Why?"

"Because, dear Vic, brother of mine," Ronnie said, putting his hand on Vic's shoulder.

Vic grimaced. "You as my brother? I can barely stand Mike."

"Okay fine- friend of mine, you're crushing on Lila Flour. And as your best and maybe even only friend, I am obliged to make sure you two don't end a high school pipe dream. A high school movie gone realistic."

Vic snorted. "You and your fucking- high school movies."

The two of them walked in the dark together until they reached Lila's house.

"Alright. You ready to win Lila Flour over?" Ronnie asked before they went inside.

Vic shook his head, grinning, and walked inside. Immediately the stench of teenage bodies and alcohol was prominent and hit Vic's face like a brick.

"God damn-" he choked.

"Hey, one o'clock," Ronnie whispered to Vic. He turned and saw Lila standing there smiling at him.

He nearly choked seeing there. For one the fact she was smiling and looking at him, Vic Fuentes, the near loner if he didn't befriend Ronnie at a young age. But also what she was wearing; a blue lace crop top, and a black leather skirt.

"Hey, Lila," he greeted her.

"Hey Vic," she giggled.

Vic's face softened. Of all things, he loved giggles. Not when it was overtop, constantly giggling, but small, innocent giggles every now and then. Lila's was no exception.

"So, what're you doing here-" He stopped as he remembered, Lila lived here. "I-I mean-"

She giggled again, god damn it, and shrugged. "Just hosting a party, I was bored so I sent last-minute invites. When I said I got the key to my parents alcohol stash almost everyone agreed to come."

Vic nodded. "In that case, where's the beer?"

She pointed to the table in the kitchen. "You want one?" He asked.

"Sure," she agreed.

Vic got her a cup, and took one for himself just so he didn't look like the loner he was, but he had no intention of getting as wasted as most every other teenager here. Ronnie was already acting up, in a few minutes he'd be the king of the party most likely; he always was, and if not, he was throwing hands with whoever was.