The Dope Show

I wake up hearing beeping. This isn't the orphanage. I look next to me and see Marilyn Manson sitting right next to me. Wait what?! Nevermind I remember now.

"Dad?"

He gives me this fatherly look like "She just called me dad!"

"Yes sweetie," he says in his beautiful voice.

"Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital. We had to get your cuts stitched. During that you lost too much blood and fainted."

I stare at the floor blankly.

"I'm sorry,"I say quietly

"Sorry for what?"

"For being such a fuckup"

"No you aren't. You don't have to apologize. I was just looking for a child and I didn't think I was going to adopt one until I heard crying, a loud noise, and the sound of a pill bottle shaking."

I almost start crying. He heard all of that?

"Why have you been cutting yourself."

I almost don't want to tell him, but I do anyways. I look at him and see him crying quietly. He hugs me tight.

"I know what its like to escape the pain with cutting,"he pulls up his jacket sleeve and I see scars up his arm.

"I'll be right back to find a doctor so we can leave this hell hole."

Moments later he returned with a doctor. The doctor does some final tests to make sure I'm ok before we leave.

"You're all ready to go Ms.Venice."The doctor says.

Me and dad walk out of the room and find the exit quickly. We get in his car and we drive off never planing on seeing that hospital again.