Chapter 35

"Mom,saan nanaman po tayo pupunta?Kakauwi lang natin 2 days ago." "Don't you like going on vacation?" "I do,but you could've left me there." "We'll be gone for 2 weeks." "Where are we going?" "Secret." "Mom,please?" "No.Just wait."They got to the airport an waited for their flight to be called.

Ng makapasok sila sa eroplano.Xian tried to ask again but his mom stayed quiet.He turned the screen in front of him on and played some games."When is our stop over?" "Almost 4 hours." "4 hours?!I didn't get to call Kim!" "Shhh.Alexander!Relax,call her as soon as we get off." 

He sighed."Fine.I'm sorry." He turned up the music."Xian,quit checking your watch every second,it's not going to change." "I just want to call Kim.May usapan kami." "Don't worry,she can wait." "But I don't want her to stay up late." "Then,she can just sleep." "Gosh!" "She'll understand.Relax.Alam naman niya na aalis tayo eh."

He stayed quiet the whole entire trip."Baka naman mapanis laway mo diyan." "Matutulog na lang po ako." His mom nodded and he fell asleep."Ma'am,would you like anything?"the stewardess asked."I'll just have coffee please."The stewardess left to get her coffee.

In Ohio..

"Kim,matulog ka na muna,sa isang araw pa sila darating." "Hindi nga po ako makatulog eh." "Ok then,let's watch a movie." "What movie?" "Kahit ano.Ano bang gusto mo?" "Huwag na lang po." "Sige,wanna play a game?" "Sure."They played monopoly until Kim fell asleep again and Emma carried her to her room.

Pinagmasdan niya si Kim."Bilis ng panahon anak,pretty soon you can get your license and go wherever you want."She started crying and Kim felt a tear fall on her shoulder.She opened her eyes slowly and saw her mom.

"Why are you crying? "Wala,may naalala lang ako.Tulog ka na." "Mom,I have a question." "Ano yun?" "Ho old were you nung sinagot mo si Dad?" "Siguro mga 19.Why?" "How did you feel?" "What do you mean?" "Pag hindi mo kasama si papa,how did you feel?" "Nalulungkot ako.Pero he always called me to make sure I was alright."

"When you first saw him,how did you feel?" "Nung una,I hated him,he always teased me,then we became friends and he told me how he felt." "Paano ka niya niligawan?" "He would give me letters everday,harana,flowers.Ganun,old fashioned." "Mom,do you think Xian realy loves me?" "Sa tingin ko.Oo anak,kasi walang isang araw na hindi ka niya kinakamusta o iniisip at nung nasa Pilipinas pa tayo,he was always doing something for you.Bakit?" 

"Kasi,baka hindi siya sure sa feelings nya sa akin,I don't want to get hurt." "Sino naman ang  gustong masaktan anak?Alam mo,sa buhay,kailangan nating masaktan para matuto tayo." "Did you and Dad ever fight?" "Siyempre,hindi maiiwasan ang mga misunderstandings."They were talking when Allan came in the room."Anong pinaguusapan ng reyna at prinsesa ko?" 

"Eto,tinatanong kung ano ang feeling pag in love."He sat next to Emma."Princess,you shouldn't worry about that now,you're still young." "I know pa,but..." "I know,Xian." "Dad,what if he hurts me?" "Princess,parang anak ko na rin si Xian,we talked about that.Kung sasaktan ka niya,don't worry,I'll get him." "Allan!" 

"Sa pagkakakilala ko kay Xian anak,sincere naman siya sa lahat ng sinasabi niya sa'yo." "Do you think,hindi siya magbago?" "Anak,people change,kung kayo talaga,kayo talaga." "Sige na,matulog ka na,baka mamaya pumangit ka na diyan eh." "Pa!" "Joke.You'll always be beautiful.Now go to sleep,I don't want you to get wrinkles."

Her parents got out of the room and she slept peacefully.

The next morning...

"Good morning anak!How was you're sleep?" "Fine mom,what's for breakfast?' "Eggs,bacon,pancakes,waffles."Kim sat down and ate with her parents."Mamayang hapon,susunduin na natin sila." "Did you ask them if they could stay here?" "Yup.She said she already got all of it planned and they are planning to stay at a hotel here.Hindi naman daw sila magtatagal."