Modern Flynn Rider x Reader (Soulmate AU)

A/N - So I've been on Tumblr and I love reading soulmate au fanfics so I wanted to give it a go myself and who better than dreamboat Flynn Rider (And I'm just going to use his name as Flynn Rider and not Eugene sorry :3)

Your POV ~

3 years, 165 days, 3 hours, 24 minutes

That's what appeared on your wrist when you turned 18. Your mother had explained to you that it was your soulmate clock, a timer that would tickdown until you finally met the person you were destined to be with. It had always excited you, especially when you watched the happy and romantic relationship your parents shared with one another. Whilst the countdown was still quite far from reaching 0, you knew you would just have to be patient.

2 years, 40 days, 12 hours, 54 minutes

After you left school, you started to work full time in the flower shop that your mother owned. Flowers had always been something that you loved and you had a particular skill of arranging the perfect bouquet. Since your 18th birthday, you haven't really paid much attention to the countdown on your wrist because you knew that you'd meet your soulmate at some point and there was no point trying to rush something that couldn't be rushed. For now, you enjoyed watching couples, full of love and happiness, enter the flower shop, buying extravagant and thoughtful gifts for one another.

1 year, 65 days, 18 hours, 38 minutes

The one time of the year that was most crazy for you at the flower shop you now owned and love was Valentine's Day. So many orders had you running around like a headless chicken trying to get them all together in time for people to pick up. Despite how busy you ended up on this particular day, it always brought you joy to be able to give soulmates the happiness they deserved. You still never bothered looking at your countdown because of not wanting to to rush things and also because oh how busy you'd been after taking over the flower shop but you knew that they would be around soon enough.

30 Days, 13 hours, 25 minutes

It seemed that recently, everything around you was based on soulmates. Last week your brother had gotten married to his soulmate, it was a beautiful service and you certainly had a fun night. A few days ago, your best friend called you up screaming about how she had met her soulmate and how she was the best thing ever to happen to them. Then today it was your mother and fathers wedding anniversary. It was so nice to spend some time with your favourite couple and see how perfect they were. This prompted you to finally have look at your countdown. '30 days.....!' You thought to yourself as your eyes widen at how close it was getting. You couldn't help but smile happily. Soon, it was happening soon.

1 hour, 15 minutes, 30 seconds

It was another day at the flower shop, a slow day but still a good relaxing day of making sure the flowers were still in good shape. Currently you were restocking the buckets full of fresh flowers when you heard the bell ring, indicating a customer entering the store. You looked behind your shoulder and was met with the most handsome man you'd ever seen. Gorgeous shiny brown locks peaked out from under his grey beanie, shirt rolled up to show a hint of his muscular arms, sharp jawline that could cut even the toughest of materials and pools of brown that scanned the store. Suddenly you felt a warm sensation fill your body, it wasn't uncomfortable but it felt like a warm hug or that feeling you get when you drink a hot drink. It was comforting and filled you with instant happiness. The man looked down at his wrist before catching your eyesight before smirking. "Well finally." He chuckled as he walked over to you, holding his hand out. "I'm Flynn, Flynn Rider." He smiled. You couldn't help the grin that spread over your face as you took his hand gently. "(Y/FN), (Y/FN) (Y/LN) and finally indeed." You replied, knowing that the last puzzle piece of had fallen into place, thanks to Mr Flynn Rider.

A/N - I hope you enjoyed this! This has been one of my faves to write. I hope you're all staying safe during this time x