Happy Mother's Day!

This chapter is dedicated to my amazing mother. I've used her birthday, August 3rd, for Euphoria Potter's birthday, another awesome mom. 

I based some parts off of a headcannon I found. 

This is the summer of sixth year, so Sirius is sixteen, has run away from home, and is living with the Potters. Wolfstar is cannon, but Lames doesn't get together until seventh year. I wanted to make this take place on Mother's Day, but there's no way that would happen because they would be at school. 

~James POV~ 

I tiptoe across the hall in my invisibility cloak, trying not to make a sound. I'd use a silencing charm but i'm not seventeen yet. It's as if they they think I'd blow up my house or something. 

I mean, I did try to do that as a five year old, but . . . I shake my head. ON ACCIDENT- Not important. 

I reach my destination and push open the door to Sirius's room. Closing it behind me, I let the cloak slide off my shoulders and approach the bed. Sirius is sitting in the mess of blankets, staring out the window. I knock on the bed post softly. He jumps and turns around, his wand drawn. When he sees it's just me he lowers it and relaxes visibly. 

"God Prongs, stop sneaking up on me like that," he says, rolling his eyes. I grin. 

"Is that anyway to greet your best friend?" I ask. Sirius scoffs and opens his mouth to speak. 

"Anyway, do you know what day it is?" we both ask in unison. 

"I assume you do then." 

"Yeah, it's Mrs. Potter's birthday, and we also wanted to celebrate mother's day late" Sirius looks at me expectantly, " what've you got planned?" 

I start to explain the trip I've got my dad to take us on. "Ok so you owled Moony and Wormtail yesterday, and we're all meeting at Hogsmead." Sirius nods in understanding. "I have to show you something. I didn't tell you guys, but remember that time I went to the library without you and you thought I was playing a prank on you?" 

Sirius smiles. " Yeah, it was scary, because if you read you're always in the dorm because you 'have a reputation'" 

I ignore him and plow ahead. "I charmed a locket to imitate a pensive with Lily's help, and now when you open the locket you can store memories inside it. I've put in a bunch already." 

"That's amazing, Prongs!" Sirius bounces on the bed slightly, "but the key words in that sentence were 'with Lily's help'" 

I push him playfully. "Shut up." He just grins and moves to get ready. 

~Sirius POV~

After breakfast James pulls out a box from his pocket. I smile because now I know what's in it. Euphoria is delighted and clearly touched by the golden locket. 

We floo to Hogsmead and I tumble out of the fireplace feeling dizzy. James comes up behind me, his glasses crooked and his hair even more disheveled than usual. He puts an arm around my shoulders. 

"Merlin Padfoot you're covered in soot." James dusts some off of my jacket and I slap his hand. 

"Me? Look at you!" I reach up and ruffle his hair. Ashes rain down over us both, as James stands an inch taller than me. He holds his hand out in the cloud of ash and smirks. 

"LOOK! Fireplace snow!" He laughs and pulls my wand out of the bun in my hair, sending it tumbling down to my shoulders along with another plume of soot. 

"PRONGS! You're such a child. And don't touch my hair!" I punch his arm and grab my wand from his hand. Then I shove him for good measure. 

"Ow ok I get it Pads!" 

"Be glad I'm not seventeen yet, or you'd be prancing around with pink hair." I twist my hair back into its bun and stick my wand through it. James grins.

"I bet I'd look nice in pink hair." 

"I'm worried for the fate of the world when you guys become of age," Mr. Potter says. James just smiles innocently at his father. "Should that makes me feel better?" He asks his wife, who is watching the scene unfold in front of her in amusement. 

"I can't wait to see Pete and Moony again!" James says, ignoring his dad while dragging me toward the crowds of people collected in the streets. 

"It's only been a month James, calm down." Mr. Potter says. 

"Oh hush Fleamont he's just happy to see his friends again!" Mrs. Potter waves her hand dismissively at her husband. 

"And I'm sure you're very happy to see Moony- ," I elbow James hard in the ribs and continue to smile for Mr. and Mrs. Potter. 

"Right now, let's head to the Three Broomsticks to meet them and-" I cut James off. 

"No. We should go to Madam Malkin's first. Bet you Moony already got all of his school stuff, and Pete and I don't need new robes. Then all of us can cause havoc- I mean, buy our books together!" I say hastily.  Mr. Potter just raises one eyebrow.

"Alright." He says. Outside Madam Malkin's store I see red hair that could only belong to one person. 

"Evans!" James yells in delight, waving his arms to catch her attention. Lily turns around and waves at Mr. and Mrs. Potter without looking at James. Both her parents are standing by her side, clearly still not used to Diagon Ally. 

"Hello," Mrs. Evans greets warmly, " how are you?" 

"I'm good, thank you! I hope you are well?" Mrs. Potter answers cheerfully. 

"We're great. Are these your sons?" Mr. Evans says, gesturing to James and I. 

I feel my face go red. "Um- you see- well," I stutter, embarrassed. James puts his arm back around my shoulders and looks at his mother. Mrs. Potter just glances at her husband and smiles. 

"Yes they are." 

999 words