The institution episode 25

****

Ivie put a call through to Ade who had already gone to the Momoh's house.
"Ade are you free?" She asked Ade who rolled her eyes.
She knew Ivie was definitely calling to ask her about her brother.
"You heard about my brother right?" She asked and Ivie sighed.
"Yes I did. Are you at home or will you be at the hospital anytime soon?" She asked and Ade shook her
"I'm at home"
I've got plans but we'll talk when I get home okay?" "Yes"
Ivie noticed the grieve in her tone. She wondered how she must be taking the news.
"What do I do now?" She thought deeply, "What should I do?" She asked again then she called Ralph to inform him about everything that has happened.
"What are you going to do now?"
"I don't know, I really want to jump into the case and..." She stalled groaning. "This is annoying for me, I feel like all those enstranged people, like I'm cutting myself off from reality?"
"And what's the reality"
"That Samuel murdered my Dad and the whole reality that I'm trying to deny" "You heard what Liam and all those really wise people said, lay low for now"
"What do you think?"
"Ivie, it's totally normal to be indignant but i don't want you going back to prison and that might be made possible if you strike. Maybe you should just remain calm"
"You don't sound thrilled, what happened to you?" She asked and Ralph sighed.
"I'm okay"
"No you're not! I might not be seeing you face to face but I know all is not well"
"Am I bad journalist?' he asked and Ivie wondered why he did.
"Where is this coming from?"
"Please answer the question, I just want the know, maybe I can find a new job or something" he tried to control his tears.
"You are a good journalist, fine you don't go all the way there but you're good at what you do and I'm not saying this because you're my best friend Ralph, I'm saying this because it's the truth you're good. No one gives a better review of movies, stories and novels than you. You're my asset and if Silvia doesn't realize that, she can go screw herself"
"There was this news I wanted Silvia to print and.... Turns she didn't, she just pushed it away like the rest" he rubbed his forehead.
"I'm tired of being treated like trash, imagine bringing my son to work in an organization where I'm being treated like a piece of shit" he busted into tears.
"I wish I can see you cry right now so I slap you silly!" She snapped and Ralph chuckled faintly.
"It's going to be over sooner than you know it. When I clear my name and I get my company back from Silvia and the government. Can you give me Getrude's number? I'll like to talk to her"

****

Chopper returned back to Babylon's house. He noticed Stan seat on a block, he rose up the moment he sighted Chopper walk into the room.
"I don hear the bad news" Stan said and Chopper scoffed. "Them no even allow morning reach finish"
"Boss they vex with you oh"
"Him dey around?"
"No. Why you no finish the job?"
"You finish your own?"
"Yes."
"Sister Ade"
"Chopper you don fuck up big time! You gatz go back go back go finish the job"
" With the kain police security wey for don dey there?"
"You gatz to redeem yourself"
"I was planning on talking to the big boss about it"
"You get death-wish?"
"Them want make I kill my own sister, Stan you for allow me kill my own sister?" He asked and Stan held his hands into the house.
"You better find way run commot for here"
"Why?"
"The boss don order make them allow you come in freely. Him go torture you definitely for your mistakes"
"Damn!" Chopper sighed.
"How we go do?"
"Them no go allow you go now"
Chopper gripped tightly to his top.
"Why you no Informed me early?"
"I just found out myself" he answered and Chopper pushed him off.
Stan bowed his head.
Chopper turned back brushing his hands through his low trimmed hair.
"Mehn, I suppose to dey to clear myself now" he sighed then Stan brought out a gun pointing it at him.
"I lied" he muttered and Chopper turned back at him then he scoffed at how gullible he was.
"I never passed my test, na my test be this"
"You go kill your own friend?"
"See, I no get choice here, if I no kill you, them go come back for me for me and my family, I no want fuck up"
"You know where we start from shea?" Chopper asked and Stan blinked his tears in. 
"No make am hard pass as e suppose be. Farewell" he added and Chopper watched Racheal, the lady who walked into Babylon's house  days ago pick up a flower vase then he hit it on his head and he fell to the ground.
Chopper raised a brow at her, "You're welcome" she answered then she walked towards the window looking out.
"These damn guards" She muttered and Chopper still looked at her in wonder.
"You've never seen a girl knock out someone before or you have never seen someone knocked out before"
"He's my friend"
"He had a funny way of showing it. I just saved your ass, I deserve a thank you at least" she answered and Chopper gave it a thought.
"Why are you still here? You're just Babylon's prostitute"
"Ouch. Such derogatoty terms don't you think? I never left"
"Why?"
"Personal reasons," she answered and Chopper turned to the file in her hands.
"You obviously didn't come with anything the day you came"
"How do you know? I was with my hand bag for change of clothes"
"That's obviously not yours. You're stealing from Babylon? That's a bad idea, he'll kill you. People who steal from him ends up dead, I've never seen someone end up dead. I saw her the previous night and before I knew it, she was gone."
"Not everyone who steal from him ends up dead. Sometimes he chooses to kill them because he can!"
"You sound vengeful. I'll advise you focus on what you came here to do, warm his bed and leave" "This was what I came here for and all those exercises on that pig's body was for this"
"What's that?"
"It's none of your business dear, see I like you but I can't say I trust you but since we now have a common enemy, that son of a bitch is out to kill you, I heard your chit chat with your friend. We can help each other out"
"What did he do to you?"
"What don't you understand about personal reasons?"
"How did you plan on leaving with the stolen file?"
"I didn't think it through, Babylon thoroughly search girls bags  before they leave; so have heard and the guards... I've been looking out to see if these idiots will let me hide the file somewhere"
"If they catch you you're dead. I'll advise you keep it back"
"This is my proof! My only proof and I don't fucking care if I die but make sure I get the damn thing out"
"Why don't you snap it?"
"Do you think if I had my phone I won't be out of this God damn house? Babylon doesn't allow phone to hide his dirty deeds. I didn't bring one in"
"Can I make a call with your phone?" She requested and she used his phone in calling her Aunt. 
"Abeg you for send Papa johnny come for Darlington estate junction?"
"Why? You don miss now for days, now you con dey"
"Abeg Aunty, don't get me started with. Tell am make him wait for there, I fit tey small"